• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've got a 29SF, used to have a normal 20. I always felt like the 20's grip was a little too deep, just didn't fit quite well in my hand. The short frame makes a nice difference for me, at least.

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have a G23 and really like it. Conceals very easily and I'm a pretty skinny guy. Never had a problem with it. My friend has a XD .40 and it's also a really nice gun. I personally think they look a bit top heavy but it's a great shooter and has some extra features glock's don't have. I didn't notice any difference in recoil between the two.

Really it comes down to what feels good to you so I would advise holding all the guns you are interested in to get a better opinion.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you have smaller hands they might? I don't have any yet ? Maybe mvician does though?

There is a noticeable difference handling a regular 21 and a 21SF. The measurement difference is very slight, but the "feel" is completely different.

I have the 21SF with the picatinny rail and ambi safety.

G21SFtalongrips001.jpg

PEAparamedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I carry a G30 with an internal lasermax. I practice target acquisition with the laser and regular sights. I have a large hand. Fits perfectly and shoots +P stuff easily. Bad dog/person would quickly have large holes.;)

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Go with G36 if you want 45 and a 23 if you want more rounds and a 40. I have carried both and they both are fine. I am not a cop I do not need enough rounds to sustain a fire fight I need only enough rounds to remove myself from any danger. Once the lead starts flying most people will be getting the hell out of there.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The G30SF is the next one I want as my carry gun. Currently carrying a G19, but I want to move to .45 for my carry piece and that is the same size as my G19.

mclark202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Southern tip of the state
    I have a Glock 22, 23, 32, 27, and a 19. Of all these, the 27 is what I carry regularly. I'm not a large guy and like the small size and lighter weight of the 27 over the 23. When carrying daily, the small size and slight difference in weight make a huge difference.

Lately I have been skipping the glocks altogether for the S&W airweight j frames, mainly the M&P40.
    DSCN3214.jpg

Whatever you decide, keep in mind that a Glock 27 can still take a 23 or 22 mag, so you can always make it the same capacity of one, just a different grip/barrel size. You can never make a 23 or 22 smaller though.

Also make sure to get you some good quality defensive ammo, not just cheap junk. Your life may very well depend on it if you ever have to use it.

JimR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    Glock 27 w/ Pearce Grip

I like the 27. You can buy a Pearce Grip magazine extension which provides a place for your pinky to go.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Yep, GLOCK 27 w/ grip extension and a G22 mag(s) for the reload. I am amazed at how light the recoil in that little gun is in .40 cal. I usually carry the 27 stong side and a mag/light holder on my left.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Of your choices I would go with the G30, 10 rds of .45 HOLEsome goodness just can't be beat. :laugh:

Amen! That has been my main carry for 6 years. Until I recently bought my springfield 1911 GI (in april). The G30 is much more controllable than the subcompact in 40. The recoil is more of a shove than the hard snap of the 40. And I've never once had a prob hitting where I aim. The 10 rds of 45 is very nice, but for a spare I normally carry a G21 13rd mag or two. :rockwoot:

RBJ13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    well I think I'm going to go with a 23C or 30 still gotta narrow between those two...

another question, is there a conversion kit to swap out the normal barrels and such in these glocks to a .22LR (Purdue's Pistol and Rifle Club only allows .22s)

Top Bottom