• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RBJ13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    So I've been having a debate with myself over what Glock to get for when I start carrying regularly...and I can't come to a conclusion, In fact I even question whether or not I want to carry a Glock.

I have decided I want to carry either .40 or .45 but I don't know which would be best. Also, I want something compact enough that the butt of the Glock 22 won't be sticking out of the small of my back...

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go Glock, 1911s are out of my price range, unfortunately.

I think a 23 would be best but I would like the higher caliber...

I figured I should decide soon because I recently found out that clearing my house with fixed bayonet isn't very tactically sound...:dunno: Who knew?

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I like the 40cal over the 45. more accurate IMO and would have less recoil in a compact.... allowing a faster follow up shot.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I like the 40cal over the 45. more accurate IMO and would have less recoil in a compact.... allowing a faster follow up shot.
    I completely disagree with this. To me, at least, 40 cal is a HARD recoil while 45 is a thump of a recoil but is less harsh.

I carry a G19 a good part of the time and a G30 when I need a little smaller.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The first thing is to figure out what fits your hand. You can have the most expensive concealable gun on the market but if it does not fit your hand and you can't shoot it then you have defeated the purpose. I would go with the Glock 23 over the Glock 27. Most people's hands don't fit on the grip of the 27 and so people add the extended magazine. Once added the extended magazine makes the grip the same size as the Glock 23. I carry the Glock 27 but I have found that many times my last round jams in the extended magazines.
    If you like the Grip of the 23 but want the 45 then go with the 36 slim line 45. If you don't mind the thicker grip then go with the Glock 30.
    Let me know what you choose I would be more then willing to sell you any of them.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I carry a 23 regularly and it is a very comfortable gun for me. Needless to say, I recommend it but it really depends on what feels good in your hand and on your side.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Ive been going back and forth between the 23 and 27 too, but I think I'm leaning more towards the 23 just for the reason Lawguns said. By the time you add in the extended mag on the 27, you might as well have the 23. Still havent decided 100%, kind of in the same boat you are. Let us know what you decide though.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    This one!!!
    hk9mm.jpg

:lmfao: sorry could not stop myself. If I could only own one gun it would be the Glock 27 it has every thing one needs in a gun,
    Reliability, concealability, accuracy and 10 rounds of .40 cal in a package not much bigger than a 38 special.

Last edited:

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    So I've been having a debate with myself over what Glock to get for when I start carrying regularly...and I can't come to a conclusion, In fact I even question whether or not I want to carry a Glock.

I have decided I want to carry either .40 or .45 but I don't know which would be best. Also, I want something compact enough that the butt of the Glock 22 won't be sticking out of the small of my back...

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go Glock, 1911s are out of my price range, unfortunately.

I think a 23 would be best but I would like the higher caliber...

I figured I should decide soon because I recently found out that clearing my house with fixed bayonet isn't very tactically sound...:dunno: Who knew?

I have a 19. Great gun, but you've ruled that out in your OP regarding the caliber desired.

I personally carry an XD, but am looking to add a .45 and have been considering a Glock 30 myself, as it's got the punch of a .45 and carries a very respectable 10 rounds in a pretty damn small gun.

If size of the gun is of big concern to you, you're likely headed for one of the sub-compacts. that 1/3-1/2 inch in height difference doesn't SOUND like much, but when it's sticking out it is.

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom