• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Eagle Pack senior with glucosamine and chondroitin for my pair. It's made in Indiana with locally grown ingredients and my shelties are both starting to show signs of ol' arthur.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It doesn't ever fall out or stop growing? That sounds like a nightmare.

My GSDs shed like it's their job, but I'll take that any day over constant trips to the groomer.

BTW, I'd like to know a little more about this Eagle Pack Holistic food...I wonder how important it is for the food to be "all natural."

Ima have to do some research now.

It cuts down on the amount of food that is required to be consumed for proper nutrition, and it also cuts down on the amount of waste left in the yard.

Yeah, his hair just keeps growing and growing, he gets that from the Poodle, and it's fluffy and golden colored, he gets that from the Retriever. He has to go to the groomer monthly or else he gets all matted and looks like Chewbacca. Here he is after a fresh grooming:
    dexter.jpg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Dude your dogs got a Blond FRO!!!!!

That's sweet!!

Love my short hairs to bad she still sheds next dog is gonna be hairless, maybe I'll get one of them ugly hairless cats to scare of prowlers..

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I fed mine raw food until I could not longer afford it. Now I feed Taste of the Wild with bison and venison and grain-free.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Our Boston Terror gets Eukanuba Adult Maintenance Small Bite. Started him on that because when we got our cat, my vet recommended Euk. as a way to stop the gas he had (it was BAD). Euk. is a 100% scientific diet, which means the formula is the same every time they make it. Less expensive brands tend to put the minimum nutrition in, and then fill in with whatever they have on hand - good parts or bad parts. Anyway, it worked really well with my cat, so we just used it for our puppy. :) Our new vet approves, so we stick with it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Mine gets Big Red from the Coop. Why? Because with my discount it is cheap. $10 for a 40 lb bag. Yeah she has gas, but most nights so do I. In fact I just popped a couple of tums (actually generic Equate antiacid). No sense in feeding the expensive stuff because the dumb mutt fills up on paper, rawhide, shoes, my wifes underwear, kids toys, basically anything she can get a hold of. I would leave her outside more but she just digs up the yard.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Eukanuba Adult for our dog. Our Vet recommended it, too. :)

Not that Eukanuba is a bad food, but when considering dog food, vet recommendations mean jack :poop:...Just like pharmaceutical salesmen going to a doctor's office and the doctor recommending that certain brand of medication to you when it may not even be the best. It's the same thing.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Not that Eukanuba is a bad food, but when considering dog food, vet recommendations mean jack :poop:...Just like pharmaceutical salesmen going to a doctor's office and the doctor recommending that certain brand of medication to you when it may not even be the best. It's the same thing.
    I suppose that depends on your level of trust with your vet, then. Ours took several minutes to explain why she thought Eukanuba or Science Diet would be good for Kitty, and it definitely did kill his gas problem when we switched from whatever grocery store brand we were feeding him to the Eukanuba Sensitive Stomach.

They may get perks and such from the different vendors, but it's still their job to make sure your pet is well cared for. :)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    It's not that vets are being dishonest by recommending a certain brand for perks, but from what I have read, what they study in school is heavily based on research conducted by the food processing companies. I'm glad it worked for you, Pami.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I suppose that depends on your level of trust with your vet, then. Ours took several minutes to explain why she thought Eukanuba or Science Diet would be good for Kitty, and it definitely did kill his gas problem when we switched from whatever grocery store brand we were feeding him to the Eukanuba Sensitive Stomach.

They may get perks and such from the different vendors, but it's still their job to make sure your pet is well cared for. :)

Well, I trust one of the two. There is a female in her late thirties that pushed a certain brand of dog food that I don't really trust(the vet, not the food). She first told me she's never seen a 13 year old German Shepherd as healthy as mine is(knowing what dog food he has eaten his entire life) and not two minutes later recommended another dog food for my puppy. When I brought up the question of why would I change the dog food I've been using forever, when you've never seen a 13 year old GSD this healthy, she just fumbled her words and had nothing valuable to say.

The other Vet that's in his late 50's told me the dog food I'm using is great and I shouldn't change anything I'm doing.

I'll be asking for a certain vet next time I'm in there...Well, if I need actually advice and not just a scheduled shot.

Our Vet is my brother. His opinion I value.

LOL, yeah I'd probably value his opinion if I were you too.:D BTW, Euk is a good food BTW, I wasn't trying to say it isn't.

It's not that vets are being dishonest by recommending a certain brand for perks, but from what I have read, what they study in school is heavily based on research conducted by the food processing companies. I'm glad it worked for you, Pami.

I've heard this as well. The reason the expensive brands are so costly is because their R&D bring up the costs...I'll go with the more cost effective brand that didn't do the research, but also has better quality ingredients. Especially since I feed my dog real food along with his dog food.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Eukanuba german shepard or
    Eukanuba senior diet.

44 or 46 lbs for $48-$51

pricey but he is the only thing that lives with me and he is still happy and healthy for being almost 10.

no the dog in the avatar isn't mine

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I use Eagle Pak holistic select for large and giant breeds. It's good stuff and the dogs love it. It has ingredients that help to prevent some of the common problems associated with giant breeds. Been using for almost 3 years and Moose my 3y/o is healthy oas an ox and my Daisy the 3 month old was having issues with her hair being to thin and dull when I got her, not she is healthy and looks great. Oh they're both Great Danes

Top Bottom