• ...and so much more!
  • pricedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Life Member NRA & GOA
    Let me translate for you.

Yes, you can shoot 38 spl in them. (Marlin 1894 c) I like the 35 rem marlin 336.

I do shoot 158 grain/125 grain pistol bullets in my 35 rem. They are like varmint disintegrators. very explosive when driven fast. Not a good choice for deer. .35 going into a groundhog and about 1.5 inch coming out.

If you got one of the rem/marlin's (Has rep in a circle on the barrel) let me know hows it works out. They new factory has had some issues getting into the lever game. Seems they are better at bolt action guns.

I won't buy a Marlin that was made after the Remington takeover.

If I was in the market for one I'd look for a good used "real Marlin".

I hate to say it but most of the old American standard guns like Browning & Winchester that you can trust to be of respectable quality off the rack are coming from Howa & Miroku of Japan.

One of the old American standards you can still count on not to sell you a piece of junk (most of the time) is :patriot:Savage Arms:patriot:from Westfield, MA. The old Savage Model 99 lever is a good gun but I don't think Savage makes new ones any more.

The Rossi guns that look like 92s are made in Brazil.

pricedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Life Member NRA & GOA
    All I know is that I really want a .357 rifle. That way the ammo is compatible with my revolver.

Edit, looks like you bought the 357, didn't see that, but nice choice IMO!

I have a pre-lawyersafety Amadeo Rossi SA 16" bbl Puma 92 in .357 Mag which is a good running-mate to both my S&W Model 686 & S&W Model 19 in .357 Mag.

I won't buy a Braztech R92 with the childish safety lever on it and I won't spend good money to have the safety removed & there are lots more like me.

I saw one of the R92s with the pop-in ring sight and the red & green "F" & "S" still there and it looked very amateurish with a conspicuous gap between the ring sight base and the circumference of the hole left after the safety was removed and it looked like very "amateurish" gunsmithing job.

The pre-lawyersafety Rossi 92s are getting scarce.

Top Bottom