Not enough money for what I'd want...

So I'll stick with my one quality assisted: ZT0350 Composite

:D

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    oxforge black knife, kershaw breakout, buck 110 titanium conversion....OH WAIT...i already have them, just cant carry them till 7.1.13

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I thought it died too... this is great news.

My wallet was begging for it not to pass but my brain thingy was like YAY! A whole new set of knives to collect. :rockwoot:

I'm liking the spyderco embassy. That's probably my first auto knife purchase.

@Brad - man, I hope you get flooded with new knife orders brother!

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Going in to this a little further what do you look for in making a decision on your first purchase. From the small amount of research I have done the first choice seems to be side opening vs. out the front. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each. OTF seems cool, but what is the quality of the locking ability if needing to use in a tactical situation?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Going in to this a little further what do you look for in making a decision on your first purchase. From the small amount of research I have done the first choice seems to be side opening vs. out the front. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each. OTF seems cool, but what is the quality of the locking ability if needing to use in a tactical situation?

For reliability, out the side is the only way to go. Not much can go wrong with them, they are not much different than an assisted opening knife.
    OTF autos on the other hand, are not reliable by the nature of their design and I don't care if we are talking about a $600 Microtech or a $400 Benchmade, the design is susceptible to failure as far as the blade locking up when fired, and fully retracting when desired (this pertains to DA models, single action OTF autos are a totally different beast). The opening at the end where the blade fires out, allows dirt, crud, and pocket lint to get inside of the knife where all of the springs and mechanisms are located, this can cause lock up and retracting problems and is one of the negatives with an OTF design.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm new to the auto-knife scene, so forgive what may be a stupid question....which other states allow auto-knives? Will we have to start a thread analogous to the "Which states honor my LTCH"? :D

Top Bottom