• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Was it for the hunting with suppressors too? I thought that was attached to the knife bill?

Other way around. The Knife bill was SB181. The house wouldn't call it up for final vote and put it in some Public Safety committee status which basically made it a dead bill. I'm not sure what the exact procedures are, but they managed to attach it to SB1563 which is the hunting with suppressors bill.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2013/PDF/HCCF/CC156302.001.pdf

Last edited:

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I don't know what -2 is, if your asking about HB1563, it's awaiting enrollment, just needs to be signed. That shouldn't be any problem :yesway:

Indiana General Assembly

Sorry Dave, I meant HB 1563-2. I think HB 1563-1 was the version that did not have the auto knife bill attached to it... that's what I'm trying to verify.

But after reading the link Brad posted... it looks like -1 did include it (at least the synopsis says so). Maybe I got confused and HB 1563 did not have it attached and HB 1563-1 did...? I dunno, I slept through most of Government class in high school :D

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Sorry Dave, I meant HB 1563-2. I think HB 1563-1 was the version that did not have the auto knife bill attached to it... that's what I'm trying to verify.

But after reading the link Brad posted... it looks like -1 did include it (at least the synopsis says so). Maybe I got confused and HB 1563 did not have it attached and HB 1563-1 did...? I dunno, I slept through most of Government class in high school :D

No need to be sorry Brother, I just wanted to be clear with my answer. :thumbsup:

HB1563 is a great bill, we need to thank our Senators and Represenitives for getting this done.

And now to start on short barrel shotguns and Constitutional carry! :patriot:

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    No need to be sorry Brother, I just wanted to be clear with my answer. :thumbsup:

HB1563 is a great bill, we need to thank our Senators and Represenitives for getting this done.

And now to start on short barrel shotguns and Constitutional carry! :patriot:

Amen. A WC SBS would look great leaning against my nightstand.

microtechotfnamed1.jpg

Kinda leaning towards an Ultratech or Scarab. The Combat Tradoon isn't out of the question. I'll prob wait until I can go hands on those models and decide which would fit me best.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    Piranha knives are decent for the price point.:twocents:

Screws won't fall out if you don't throw your knife across a bar room and stick it into a wall. :laugh:

:poop: happens Brad!

I wasn't the one that did it anyway...the Judge was just out of darts or full of beer. There were 2 state reps there in the bar too. Maybe the awesome display of drywall removal helped it pass. I got to say for the abuse it took that day there wasn't a scratch on it. It had to be stuck 1/4" into the wood floor after it came out of the wall.

I still really want the halo v... We will see if they can convince me to spend more money with them. If they keep pissing me off I think you're gonna have to order me an Infidel

Benchmade Infidel 3300.

Similar story in comparrison of throwing an OTF knife. My Benchmade Infidel has been thrown a few times, some of them stuck others didn't and I didn't worry too much about it as it was given to me on a hand receipt. My thoughts were, if it breaks turn it in and get another one! Everyone always laughed and were impressed at throwing a knife like that into a piece of wood from whatever distance. Well, it never broke the blade but a few of the screws came loose and eventually fell out. I put the knife up and it was never asked for from supply so I kept it.

Fast forward to today, I just received an email back from Benchmade about a parts request. I told them they issue of how the parts have fallen out (now that I know what caused it, I won't be throwing that knife anymore!) They are sending out a parts kit for the clip and case screws as well. Looks like my Infidel is getting a face-lift on life! Benchmade has definitely earned a customer for life from me!

TL;DR = Don't throw your OTF knife, it makes the screws fall out. Benchmade has a great warranty program.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Definitely cool stuff, but too "old school" for today's younger crowd....not tactical enough for them. :):
    Kind of the way Case knives have gone the last 10 to 15 years, only older guys/gals appreciate them.

Note: I can say that...I'm an "old" guy! :D

They can be painted black or ceracoated :D

Not old "almost old" is what my granddaughter says :laugh:

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    TL;DR = Don't throw your OTF knife, it makes the screws fall out. Benchmade has a great warranty program.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that Benchmade is taking care of your knife. Hopefully Microtech will fix mine up too. Mine wasn't really thrown per say...Brad (and I) are just embellishing the story a bit. My friend was just playing with it in a bar and it slipped out of his hand and stuck in the wall about a foot from where we were sitting. Then it fell out of the wall and stuck in the floor. I think he just had to many and it slipped. There isn't a make on it from that actually. Who knows if that's why the screws are falling out. It's a cool knife though and puts a smile on everybody's face.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Already have a Spyderoco Citadel (awesome! can't believe that it's been dced) & a Boker AK74 Good for the money. I also have a cheap no name one that is essentially crap.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I knew a guy who at one time had a Benchmade Boguszewski Spike (plain edge too) years ago, but panicked and got rid of it because he was worried about the law, I might know that that guy is a little regretful now.

Top Bottom