spacer.gif

+1

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I just had a Kahr CW45 put on hold yesterday and will be picking it up tomorrow. I hadn't really looked at them before, but at $359 new, it seems like a good buy.

25mux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I have both the Glock 21 and a Glock 36 ( fits my hand better than the 30). I carry both, just depends how deep I want the conceal. You would probably enjoy either one. Hit a range see what fits you and make it happen! Good luck and good shooting!

IndyGT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Lots of good recommendations in this thread. As far as automatics, price will likely play a big part in what you get. I think the XD's are a terrific value and great performers. Same with the M&P. Glocks are great too, but I've never used one in .45. THe HK USP 45c is a great gun but it like the SIGs will set you back a lot more. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those. I'd hit a range where you can rent some different guns and see what feels right for you.

Triton20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    I'd say the M&P 45 compact would be a good choice. It's small enough to conceal and a good shooter. I would handle the above mentioned Glocks,Xd's and M&P's. For me the Glock didn't feel right in my hand but the XD and M&P did.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Glock 21. It's my first and still my favorite pistol. Absolutely no FTF EVER and always goes boom when the trigger is pulled. And even though mine isn't a sf, it fits my hand well and feels great.

achilles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    The XDm .45ACP is a great full size weapon. I didn't shoot it well but it was definitely my fault, everyone else shot it found it very accurate.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Easy! Ruger!! better gun for the money than any 1911. Not that there aren't 1911's out there that may be better guns,but then you're more into the $1000 price range. For durability and functionality for $500 in a .45, the "P"series guns are unbeatably-but they're not really "concealed carry" size

68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I have ria 45 in the officers model only issue I have had is it dont like to feed hp rounds the ramp just dont like them any other rounds it just eats like candy. great gun for under 450 dollars... I spent 50 and put some nice hogue grips on mine.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    RIA's any good ? Classic look , but what about quality?

I've owned a few RIA's and have been very happy with them, especially for carry. As with any lower cost piece, you may want to have some of the tooling marks polished out and smoothed up. My primary EDC is a RI CS-Tactical 3.5" .45.

I was quite suprised at the feel and the performance right out of the box.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I have ria 45 in the officers model only issue I have had is it dont like to feed hp rounds the ramp just dont like them any other rounds it just eats like candy. great gun for under 450 dollars... I spent 50 and put some nice hogue grips on mine.

I think you'll be happy if you polish up the ramp on it. You find it will feed the HP's after that. I like the Hogue grips; they give it a nice secure fit in the hand.

picture.php

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Look at CZ 75 annd clones. EAA imports a clone and their low end /used prices will get you under $600. Stay away from the 10mm low end EAA as they are either outstanding or junk no in between. EAA comes DA/SA or SA.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    if you want something new good luck now - August / September was the time to buy - find what you like and can afford then search search search for best price. - used - go old school 3rd gen S&W 4506, 4566, or the "little guy" 4516

good luck

Top Bottom