• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I was three months outta high school and had started college and decided that day, since I had the day off, to just skip class and I was watching my then 1 yr old cousin when my mom called and told me to turn the television on to 6, 8 or 13.
    The thing I really remember about that day was that my mom worked at the same place as me and she had to work that day, I went with her and my dad to drop her off and the place was packed. It was a Speedway gas station and everyone was freaking out. I later got called in, along with everyone else that had a day off, to help direct traffic and run register.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was brushing my teeth when the news first broke. I was getting ready to go to school for the first day of that year's ISTEP (8th grade). I immediately told my dad someone was attacking us. I knew there was no way it was an accident. I listened to Bush give his first words at the school down south while I was sitting on the school bus. By the time I got to school the second tower had been hit. They cancelled ISTEP for that week and moved it to the next. We all watched in the classrooms as the towers fell. Most 'out of body' day I have had in my life.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I was driving to work and heard about it on the radio (the first plane). Pulled into work and rushed in and my usual 'business, business, business' boss and entire staff were watching TV. I joined in just in time to see the second plane impact. It was very hard to work that day.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    At work when a coworker came through and started telling us about the 1st hit...and then the 2nd. We didn't have much information and several of us just flat left work for the day. I remember everybody panic buying gasoline with rumors about $4 or $5 or $6 gallon gas. I remember watching and rewatching the video of that 2nd hit and still thinking to myself "WTF, that simply cannot be happening, turn!!"

Watching that now, over a decade later, the stories of The Falling Man and the other jumpers...makes me want to vomit knowing there is that much hate in the world and how people celebrated when it all happened.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i was in 10th grade english class. they told everyone to go to the gym over the intercom and then sent the whole school home. gas in town was about $2.50 a gallon. up from about a $1.30 if i remember right.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just arrived at my kids elementary school ( where I work now) to volunteer. The first plane had just hit. We had the TV on in the principal's office watching. The second plane hit. We were all shocked, speechless, dumbfounded. People were pulling their kids out of school because of fear and uncertainty. I just remember getting home and being glued to the TV all day. I cried alot that day.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I was sitting in 8th grade history class, learning about the revolutionary war, when my teacher got a phone call and turned on the news.

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was driving to work, north of Atlanta (GA) when the news came on the radio. At first I thought it must be an accident...until the second one hit.

The weirdest part for me was driving home that night, directly toward the busiest airport in the United States...and not a plane in the sky.

-Paul

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    At work, co-worker's mom called to tell us, and we all went and watched the tv in the plant manager's office. It didn't seem real. When I went home at lunch, my daughter was watching it on TV. Just months before, she'd been thinking about joining the military. I was supportive, but cautioned her to think hard on the possibility of combat. I don't think she really thought something like that could happen, at 18. After work, the gas stations were going crazy with price-gouging. Everything felt so strange.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Yup. Good place for them though...Yes

I held my tongue on the first comment, but what exactly do you consider a "kid"? I've read through this whole thread, and see handful of people telling their story that are now mid-late twenties (myself included). I thought people were considered adults at the age of 18? If nothing else, you should be welcoming of a younger generation that's interested in 2A and everything that goes with it. :cool:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I held my tongue on the first comment, but what exactly do you consider a "kid"? I've read through this whole thread, and see handful of people telling their story that are now mid-late twenties (myself included). I thought people were considered adults at the age of 18? If nothing else, you should be welcoming of a younger generation that's interested in 2A and everything that goes with it. :cool:

Its a relative term, and certainly wasn't intended with any malice. It was an observation, and I'm very happy of the number of young people here.

Men and women in their mid to late 60s, might very well consider me a kid as well........and while chronological age might for legal purposes be considered an age to define an adult, 18 years old is not an adult in many respects of life.

You'll discover such when you arrive at the age when your own children begin to drive.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Its a relative term, and certainly wasn't intended with any malice. It was an observation, and I'm very happy of the number of young people here.

Men and women in their mid to late 60s, might very well consider me a kid as well........and while chronological age might for legal purposes be considered an age to define an adult, 18 years old is not an adult in many respects of life.

You'll discover such when you arrive at the age when your own children begin to drive.
    No offense taken...just curious on the perspective. I'll agree responsibility and life experiences are usually lacking at 18, but big brother holds us all to the same guidelines. Anyway, I won't derail any further....carry on :yesway:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I was in kindergarten on a stage at my private school rehearsing for the school's open house when the principal ran in yelling about the first tower being hit. All I remember after that was being at home watching the same news footage over and over with the rest of the family.

Top Bottom