• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did you see the list of "partners" at the bottom of the page? It's a mile long. These guys are definitely internet "retailers" who happen to occasionally sell gun parts in between swindles.

Check this crap out:
    https://www.theoutdooraffiliate.com/

D-bags, the whole lot of them.
    Wow! I bet I could make 100's of thousands of dollars working from home! :rockwoot:

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I will never buy from Century Arms. I placed an order, cancelled it after a month of not getting it. Then 2 months later they charge me for it. Worst customer service.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    So where SHOULD I buy guns and gun accessories online? I always look in local stores first, but they're out of stock as of now for what I need. What are some sites I should use?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I've had a good experience with botach tactical...

I've only had one experience with them. It was ok. I ordered a set of Magpul MBUS and an AFG when they had a deal on Magpul items. I got all my parts, but they all came in different times. All parts ended up being on backorder and got the front sight, rear sight, and AFG all at different times withing a month time.

I have not read very much good about them though.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have good experiences with them also, the only thing I don't like about them is when you place an order the charge your card then. If an item you ordered is out of stock, then you have a hold on your card, no big deal unless it's a big ticket item. I had to call them and cancel, then order from another vendor. They did release the hold on my card as soon as I canceled. I would buy from them again.

Dave

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Google "botach sucks" sometime

I've only bought some small items from them, but never a problem. Reason to stay away from them?

My post in a thread a couple months ago:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sarrsipius
    I ordered some Glock mags from these guys on Monday. No indication that they were not in stock. Day after i order I get an email saying the items are on back order. I don't want to wait so I tried to cancel my order and so far no response to email, customer service phone number puts me on hold and no one ever answers.

Beware of these crooks.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Typical. I've had the same issue. It took four months to resolve...and they charged my credit card the day of the order IIRC.

Email them saying to cancel your order immediately or you will dispute the charges with your CC company or some other similar threat or you won't get a response.

That was my experience with botach also. Besides the stuff the was not in stock (with no indication on their site) they sent (with no packing slip) some wrong items, then had to spend WAY too much time with emails and phone calls trying to get the mess straitened out. Finally had to call my CC company and just refuse payment on the messed part of the order.

I will never order from them again. Period.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have good experiences with them also, the only thing I don't like about them is when you place an order the charge your card then. If an item you ordered is out of stock, then you have a hold on your card, no big deal unless it's a big ticket item. I had to call them and cancel, then order from another vendor. They did release the hold on my card as soon as I canceled. I would buy from them again.

Dave
    There is a legal limit as to how long they can wait between charging (or "holding" funds if a debit card is used) and actually shipping the order. I don't recall what that limit is. I worked for a direct marketing company previously, and in situations where a customer ordered something that was out of stock, we didn't send their card payment for settlement until we could ship the product. Credit card authorizations have a limited life, with this time being less for debit cards than for credit cards, so if an item was backordered long enough, we would have to re-authorize the card before shipping/sending for settlement.

msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've had a decent experience with Botach Tactical. Bought magazines for my G17 and M&P40. Made it here within a decent amount of time. I also received a note about my Glock mags being on backorder, but it must not have taken too long for them to get the mags in stock.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    So where SHOULD I buy guns and gun accessories online? I always look in local stores first, but they're out of stock as of now for what I need. What are some sites I should use?

Just a few that have usually positive feedback are Midway , Brownells, SGAmmo, Aim Surplus, for accy's , ammo and some guns. I always buy guns locally but if you can't find a gun locally I'd check INGO's advertising merchants first because they are good folks who wouldn't be around here if they weren't.

Top Bottom