Where is Personal Accountability in America?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I learned tonight on Glenn Beck about Harry Truman, an his friend can't remember his name. They went into business together over a handshake. That business failed an went under a short time later in 1922. They both refused to file bankruptcy an suffered trying times but by 1936 they both had payed off all their debts to the failed business so no one lost money. How often to you see this today with so many filing bankruptcy? I've heard some good things said by people here on INGO....keep carrying that torch of common sense!!!!!

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I learned tonight on Glenn Beck about Harry Truman, an his friend can't remember his name. They went into business together over a handshake. That business failed an went under a short time later in 1922. They both refused to file bankruptcy an suffered trying times but by 1936 they both had payed off all their debts to the failed business so no one lost money. How often to you see this today with so many filing bankruptcy? I've heard some good things said by people here on INGO....keep carrying that torch of common sense!!!!!

Eddie Jacobson and Truman were partners in a haberdashery business. Jacobson paid his debt many years after Truman completed payment of his share.

Of course, that was when bankruptcy was an American cultural faux pas.

larrylegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Hancock County
    Well if the leaders of this country aren't held accountable for anything why should anyone else be either? If all children see is their parents, teachers and role models doing whatever they please with no consequences then they will do the same. Pro athletes do drugs with no penalties. Politicians lie blatantly every day and nothing is said. Everything a person does wrong now is the result of something out of their control. I don't do drugs, I have a substance abuse problem, its not my fault. I slept with 6 women who weren't my wife, its not my fault, I'm a sex addict. All of this is just out of control. The sad part is when people try and hold others accountable for their actions they are then the bad guys.

asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    It starts with parents and politicians. Parents are the number one reason for no accountability. Parents don't discipline kids anymore which is a big problem. Secondly, the moron politicians have to buy votes to stay in power so they give money away which again gives no incentive for self reliance. The government rewards people who buy houses they can't afford, don't want to look for work, etc. We need to get our voices out there to get America back to where she once was. Get out and VOTE this November.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Do you think some real struggling (eg World War) could have beneficial effects on this populace? Sometimes I wonder.
    No, but a technological meltdown would be a blessing. No internet, cell phones, cable tv, etc. People would have to learn to become self sufficient.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lawyers and insurance companies working together with people like this are the croupiers of life. Her lawyer and the insurance company lawyer will work out a settlement which the insurance company will pay because its cheaper than the costs of paying the lawyers in court. She will get some money, both lawyers will get money and the insurance company will simply add to the ever increasing upward spiral of prices for insurance which we all pay. The people who make the laws covering this are lawyers and are heavily lobbied by the insurance industry so the chance of it being changed are low even though the game can't be sustained forever. John Q will simply have to cancel his insurance one day as he can't afford to pay it.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    IDK why people don't want to take responsibility for anything anymore. I see it everyday at work, usually with either their animals or their kids....Either way, I can only dream of saying what I wish I could to these people. If your kid/dog doesn't act in the way you want them to, who's fault is it? YOURs...I accept responsibility whenever my son/dog does something inappropriate (doesn't happen often though) but, working in Carmel, it's not common at work...they all want a quick cheap solution. Had a lady yesterday wanted something (cheap) to make her dog not bolt out the door. She opened it up for me when she asked what I would suggest: TRAINING....yeah that's not happening, started making excuses how she couldn't...it's an old dog, she's been doing it for years, her 87 yo mother forgets the dog's there and opens the door too wide, yeah, it's your mom's fault? I don't think so....I agree, a depression would be the best thing to hit this country, at least at the societal(sp?) level, in a while

Top Bottom