• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exploringspace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Hamilton cty
    I visited Bradis guns today. It reminded of the pictures I saw of food stores during the depths of the depression. The shelves where almost bare. They hardly had any shotguns or long guns. The floors used to be full of magazines and more. Now they are empty. It was very sad.
    I also visited several stores for ammo. My options were very limited.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Fear not, young exploringspace, once this frenzy passes over and wives see credit card bills, there will be PLENTY of LNIB used guns available ... add to that, all the merchandise that the LGS's have had on backorder will suddenly ship and the aisles of your local gun stores will be narrow due to overstock!:twocents:

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    People are in a panic. Mild one, but a panic all the same. All afraid that what we they crave will be unavailable soon because of recent events.

Relax.

Don't get caught up in the hype. Dust will settle, shelves will re-stock. What you seek will be available again.

Patience is a virtue.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I wanted (needed) two magazines foe a S&W I have and "every" online vendor was out. Looked on Gunbroker and they were sky high. I called Bradis Friday and they had what I wanted and held two for me. I picked them up at noon that Friday and the room of long guns was decimated!! Kudo's to Bradis on NOT jacking up the price on the magazines I bought, I will return again and again. :>)

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Thin inventory is everywhere. Rifles, magazine, and ammo stock levels are crazy low. If you do find it, expect to pay dearly. I hope it is just a temporary panic, but it will take some time to produce all the new products, ship out, etc. It might get worse.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    OK, there's a gunshow in a couple of weeks at the Fairgrounds, and tables which are usually stuffed with guns, from dealers whom we know and trust, aren't going to be so full. I don't see them replenishing their stock in time.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Good point! If they don't have stock now, the big show will have sparse tables and the gezillion folks that show up will be irritable for sure! It's like that everywhere I go, Bass Pro while high priced, always had a good selection of hand guns, it was slim pickin' today. Heck, I can't even find a brick of 22 blazers anywhere. Walmart had 22 birdshot and nothing else in 22lr. LGS had a Colt AR15 for $1999 and tried to tell me it was a good deal as it would bring $2900 on GBroker. Just wait it out and the craziness will subside....as least a little.

skimmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Fear not, young exploringspace, once this frenzy passes over and wives see credit card bills, there will be PLENTY of LNIB used guns available ... add to that, all the merchandise that the LGS's have had on backorder will suddenly ship and the aisles of your local gun stores will be narrow due to overstock!:twocents:

Once my wife see's my stealth credit card, I'll have to more then the up coming AR ban to worry about. Now where's my blanket for the dog house, its sure is cold out there.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    People are in a panic. Mild one, but a panic all the same.

Mild? The last couple weeks have outdone 9/11 and the 2008 Obama election by a WIDE margin. I've worked at the shop 14 years and I've never seen things this bad at either the retail or the distributor level. Sales have been awesome, but the restocking SUCKS.

Mr.Johnny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ya, prices are crazy on the online auctions. Walmart mostly sold out of ammo. Was there last night and 8 boxes of 223 were being stocked and with in 10 minutes a guy bought them all. I am on backorder at cabelas for some m&p magazines at their original price and if you go online you can be too! Wish my lgs would have let me back order but the would not. rather support my gun range here in Valpo!

I also agree this craziness will pass and like the earlier post many will have to sell at a loss when their wifes see the credit card bills!

One last thing, If you were prepared like we should always have been, this would not be a problem. Besides a few accessories, I can make it through this too!

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I guess it's a good thing I keep a few thousand rounds of all of the ammunition I shoot on-hand. Would hate to want to go to the range, and not have anything to shoot at under $2/round (most ranges I've been to are ridiculously priced even outside of a 'panic' although I am exaggerating at $2/round).

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Mild? The last couple weeks have outdone 9/11 and the 2008 Obama election by a WIDE margin. I've worked at the shop 14 years and I've never seen things this bad at either the retail or the distributor level. Sales have been awesome, but the restocking SUCKS.

I was in Tennesee the other day at "The Outpost" off I24 between Nashville and Chattanooga, ( I think it is related to Barrett Firearms in some fashion) and the salesman I usually grab said they had to have security at the door the week after the shooting. One in, one out, to keep the occupancy below the fire code. Place was bare compared to normal stocking levels. 1000 rds of 9MM for $319. 5.56 with the tactical boolets that I forget the name of for $279 for 200. I found 200 Speer .30 cal 150gr fmj bullets, 50 cases for .308 and 1000 each of Wolf small and large rifle primers. They had pretty good stock on primers. Only a couple of $ higher than usual.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011

Ha LOL! you got that right! Hope I can get a 2nd job to pay mine off before she finds out.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    At some places demand seems to be easing and supply may be catching up. I'm not a fan of CTD but I got a catalog from them today with more "reasonable" prices on parts and ammo. Not great prices but better than last week.

IRISH1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    South Bend
    The more people continue to give into the inflated prices the greater the chance that most will continue to gouge and not retreat on their prices. GREED

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was in Tennesee the other day at "The Outpost" off I24 between Nashville and Chattanooga, ( I think it is related to Barrett Firearms in some fashion) and the salesman I usually grab said they had to have security at the door the week after the shooting. One in, one out, to keep the occupancy below the fire code. Place was bare compared to normal stocking levels. 1000 rds of 9MM for $319. 5.56 with the tactical boolets that I forget the name of for $279 for 200. I found 200 Speer .30 cal 150gr fmj bullets, 50 cases for .308 and 1000 each of Wolf small and large rifle primers. They had pretty good stock on primers. Only a couple of $ higher than usual.

IndyTacoma and I were just talking about the Outpost yesterday, it was always a necessary stop going to and from Benning. No place escaped the frenzy.

Top Bottom