• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Forgot to share this jewel. Few weeks ago I'm walking the puppy in the backyard. In my peripheral I notice a large object. Turn, and to my surprise there is a full grown German Shepherd soaking wet covered in dirt and mud. Pull my piece, he's about 10 yards away. I gave the standard, who's a good dog! He replied with the, I'm a good dog. You know waggy tail, dog smile, and a promise of a treat look. Anyway lead him to the garage and put down food and water. After he gets comfortable I gain enough confidence to reach for his tag. Thankfully it has a number on it. So I call the owner and explain to him where I am located. 10 minutes later Bubba shows up at my house in bib overalls, no shirt, and a high point dangling out of one of his side pockets. Overall good ending for all involved .

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Saw another doofus at BJ's Brewhouse in Greenwood last evening about 6:15pm. (10/25/18). Black and OD green striker-fired semi-auto pistola. Probably an M&P.

Doofus = Serpa holster wearer

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Not super recent, but I went to a wedding recently and a guy there was open carrying one of the compact Glocks - not sure which one. It was a more casual wedding (jeans and nice shirts) so it didn't really stick out too much.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Not super recent, but I went to a wedding recently and a guy there was open carrying one of the compact Glocks - not sure which one. It was a more casual wedding (jeans and nice shirts) so it didn't really stick out too much.

Was he a guest or one of the groomsmen? A little while ago, I know a guy that went to a casual wedding like you described. He was one of the groomsmen and was open carrying a Glock.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Was he a guest or one of the groomsmen? A little while ago, I know a guy that went to a casual wedding like you described. He was one of the groomsmen and was open carrying a Glock.
    He was a guest. That's really cool that one of the groomsmen in a wedding was carrying! That's definitely something I haven't seen before.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    He was a guest. That's really cool that one of the groomsmen in a wedding was carrying! That's definitely something I haven't seen before.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. When I wrote "one" I meant that the guy I knew was open carrying. I didn't mean to imply that he was the only one armed. I do know that all the groomsmen were carrying openly but I don't know about the bridesmaids. Your story still tops mine since I didn't see it with my own eyes. I just heard about it from my friend. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was at CAJMT last week and there were SERPA holsters EVERYWHERE! I'm surprised these are still so popular with the .mil guys.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was at CAJMT last week and there were SERPA holsters EVERYWHERE! I'm surprised these are still so popular with the .mil guys.

I'm not dismissing the validity of criticism of the design features of the SERPA. They are valid and they have failed. However, a lot of people have gotten a lot of good service from the product and will continue to do so. That's just the way it is.

I think the biggest flaw is the weak belt attachment, with the potential for the release to jam second, and the potential for negligent discharge a distant, distant third. I put them on my "not interested" list based on the crappy belt loops and don't recommend them to anyone. At the same time, I don't believe they are Satan's own holster, destined to maim, murder, and rape everyone who comes into contact with them. They're going to be sold for a long time to come and most people who use them will never have a problem.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I moved to Eastern North Carolina earlier this year, and am rarely the only one I see open carrying when I'm out and around. Seems more common down here than it was where I lived in Indiana.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    SERPA is the issue holster for lots of units it actually has a fairly good reputation.
    I have never heard of an issue like you do with them in the civilian world?
    I always carried a retention strap holster with a soft lanyard.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    SERPA is the issue holster for lots of units it actually has a fairly good reputation.

You probably don't roll around in the mud and snow for no reason like most of the tacticool YouTubers do.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

I attended a Robert Vogel class this spring. One student had a Serpa & something in the latch broke during class. He could not unholster his gun. He scrounged around picking up 22LR brass and flattening those so he could jam them into the holster latch to keep it unlocked. We weren't rolling around in that class.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom