• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    As always walmart a young man had a springfield 1911 not sure of madel in a softee iwb hammer down. Belt was not up to task since the gun was dragging his pants down.

Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Just happened to stumble across this thread.

This wasn't today, more like sometime last summer - but I queued up behind a guy at the Casey's General in Cloverdale while on the other side of the state for business. Dude was OCing a full-on 6" SW 500 in what I have to assume was a custom leather job.

Whatever floats your boat, man.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Tagged --- Waiting to see a picture of me on my motorcycle.

A man in a truck behind me took my picture while stuck in traffic, so... :dunno:

12 Paces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Nashville
    Just happened to stumble across this thread.

This wasn't today, more like sometime last summer - but I queued up behind a guy at the Casey's General in Cloverdale while on the other side of the state for business. Dude was OCing a full-on 6" SW 500 in what I have to assume was a custom leather job.

Whatever floats your boat, man.

Go big or go home. I OC my 6" Chiappa Rhino when I'm feeling fancy. The only reason I got it was as a "BBQ gun."

I saw a guy pumping gas in Nashville with a Smith and Wesson SD40VE in a nylon holster. I asked how he liked the SD9VE and he corrected me and told me it was a .40. Told him I was waiting on my license since I just moved here and said it was great having the option to OC.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Go big or go home. I OC my 6" Chiappa Rhino when I'm feeling fancy. The only reason I got it was as a "BBQ gun."

I saw a guy pumping gas in Nashville with a Smith and Wesson SD40VE in a nylon holster. I asked how he liked the SD9VE and he corrected me and told me it was a .40. Told him I was waiting on my license since I just moved here and said it was great having the option to OC.

Uh... point of clarification.

You only OC your handgun in places you are legally able to do so (like your own property or fixed place of business) until you get your LTCH.

I think that's what you meant to say, but it kinda got ambiguous.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Do you perhaps have a license from another state that Indiana honors? Surely that's the missing link here.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...or he regularly OCed when he lived elsewhere and that is what he is referring to. Brief pause while he obtains his LTCH.

That's it, isn't it.

I SAID, THAT'S IT, ISN'T IT.

(can you tell I've had conversations of this ilk before?)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There may also be some confusion because the INGOer - as with most INGOers - may be well-read on current legal decisions relating to firearms. To the extent there is now a 9th circuit appellate decision giving credence to the position that OC is a protected 2A right, a gun owner might believe that it applies everywhere. However, until we get clarity on the matter (probably from SCOTUS), local laws on the matter should be followed.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Tagged --- Waiting to see a picture of me on my motorcycle.

A man in a truck behind me took my picture while stuck in traffic, so... :dunno:

What holster do you use while riding? I usually don’t carry while riding cause I always conceal and don’t like only having retention holding it in place. I tried a Blackhawk for a while but it seemed too floppy to be comfortable.

12 Paces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Nashville
    Uh... point of clarification.

You only OC your handgun in places you are legally able to do so (like your own property or fixed place of business) until you get your LTCH.

I think that's what you meant to say, but it kinda got ambiguous.

Correct and thanks for the clarification. My SC CWP is no longer valid since I am not a resident of SC anymore. I have not carried open or concealed in Indiana yet (I just got my license in the mail yesterday). In SC you can only open carry if you are fishing or hunting or on your own property, or in my case, working behind a gun counter. So it's nice to have the option here in Indiana to OC with your license.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Correct and thanks for the clarification. My SC CWP is no longer valid since I am not a resident of SC anymore. I have not carried open or concealed in Indiana yet (I just got my license in the mail yesterday). In SC you can only open carry if you are fishing or hunting or on your own property, or in my case, working behind a gun counter. So it's nice to have the option here in Indiana to OC with your license.

Now this is a guy who knows how to listen. If you could only explain this to my clients.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There may also be some confusion because the INGOer - as with most INGOers - may be well-read on current legal decisions relating to firearms. To the extent there is now a 9th circuit appellate decision giving credence to the position that OC is a protected 2A right, a gun owner might believe that it applies everywhere. However, until we get clarity on the matter (probably from SCOTUS), local laws on the matter should be followed.
    I'm still shocked seeing 9th Circuit and protected 2A right in the same sentence.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

Welcome to Indiana! Stay out of The Open Carry Argument thread and you'll do just fine. ;)

Top Bottom