• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Ok. OC'D at the fifth third branch in owensville like 2 weeks ago. Everyone there knows me. But I freaked out the manager when she saw it. She was not Happy. She told me to go outside and she would bring my money out to me. I was gonna go outside but the teller who was helping me said she was almost done. She said she doesn't even allow her husband to show her his guns. I don't know. Definitely a memorable experience that's for sure.

I've been banking with 5/3 in Evansville for over 7 years now. Never had any problems. In fact I used their notary for my LTCH application. I OC into my closest branch pretty much every morning. Tell the manager to close her eyes and go to her happy place. My branch manager is a neighbor. You could have your manager call mine. Maybe they can get it straightened out.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Ok. OC'D at the fifth third branch in owensville like 2 weeks ago. Everyone there knows me. But I freaked out the manager when she saw it. She was not Happy. She told me to go outside and she would bring my money out to me. I was gonna go outside but the teller who was helping me said she was almost done. She said she doesn't even allow her husband to show her his guns. I don't know. Definitely a memorable experience that's for sure.

I think I will do some banking there tomorrow, OC of course. Any hassle, I will withdraw all my money. :draw:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My Blackhawk Serpa came in to today, so I OC'd at Marsh in Brownsburg. As I was walking through with my cart, I had my Spidey-Senses (oops, I mean my Situational Awareness) on high, not many people noticed. Then, just as I was getting sausage, an older guy in his 70's wearing a 'Remember 9/11' jacket on on, approached me;

Him: "You carry a gun everywhere you go?"
    Me: "Yes sir, I do"
    Him: "What kind of Law Enforcement you in?"
    Me: "I'm not, I'm an Armed Citizen" (menacing music in the backgroung: DUH-DUH-DUH...)

Then he just stared at me not knowing what to say, and I moved on to biscuits.

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    My Blackhawk Serpa came in to today, so I OC'd at Marsh in Brownsburg. As I was walking through with my cart, I had my Spidey-Senses (oops, I mean my Situational Awareness) on high, not many people noticed. Then, just as I was getting sausage, an older guy in his 70's wearing a 'Remember 9/11' jacket on on, approached me;

Me: "I'm not, I'm an Armed Citizen" (menacing music in the backgroung: DUH-DUH-DUH...)

Mmmm sausage and biscuits.

Got gravy?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Im always amazed how people just come to you and ask you lots of questions when you OC.
    If I see a guy that just bought an axe at the store im not going to go towards him and say "So you are a firefighter right?". :):

I would not go to a stranger to ask what he does, let alone if he carries a gun.I dont want to get shot if he's having a bad day. :D

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Carried in a Kroger in Ohio... went to the checkout, and...
    Bagger: "Please don't tell me that is a real gun"
    I answered: "Yes sir, it is."
    Bagger: "Oh no..."
    Cashier: "What do you do?"
    Me: "Oh, I don't carry for work or anything, I'm just a person carrying for self-defense."
    Cashier: "Oh, a certified gun-carrier..."
    Me: "Pretty much."
    The end. I think the bagger didn't like the idea of it, but I don't really care. The cashier didn't seem to have a problem with it, and I was polite so hopefully I made a good impression.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Yea, I just took it to be she was telling me to leave and under Indiana law I would have to or I would be trespassing.

From my reading of the trespassing law (not a lawyer...insert standard disclaimer here), as long as you have your money in her employer's bank, you could tell her to pound sand until she gets a grip on her mental issues...

"IC 35-43-2-2
    Criminal trespass; denial of entry; permission to enter; exceptions
    Sec. 2. (a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent;
    (2) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally refuses to leave the real property of another person after having been asked to leave by the other person or that person's agent;.. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:...commits criminal trespass, a Class A misdemeanor. "

It seems to me that the bank's willingness to take your money gives you the "contractual interest in the property" mentioned above. I used this knowledge of the law's wording to shut down a Circle City :mallninja: who threatened to have my car towed because he got butthurt when I gently honked at him to get out of the way. The genius was standing right in the middle of the parking garage lane and wouldn't move even after he saw me waiting on him, so I honked and drove around his walrus-looking self. He waddled over, and my impatience with The Stupid led to an increasingly unpleasant back-and-forth between us, so he tried to threaten to tow my car for trespassing. I shot that down by showing him my parking garage ticket and told him that because taking the parking garage ticket showed I have accepted their implied contract for parking services, I now had a contractual interest in the property. The slack-jawed look on his face was priceless... :owned: , and I immediately called the security office and advised his supervisor of our exchange, just in case my car miraculously damaged itself in the not-so-crowded garage.

Last edited:

loganathompson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    OC'd getting gas at the marathon by walmart in princeton. no issues. then had to go to the park in owensville to take my daughter to a family gathering, (i had to go to work as usual). walked up and my aunt saw my sidearm. and she kinda said ohhh, is that real? (in a curious/nervous tone). i said yes, i have my license to carry. after that nothin was really said thats worth me typin out here.

and by the way, im a coal miner. i work above ground drivin a truck so there is plenty of time to talk about whatever. the conversation usually turns to hunting and guns. but everyone out there cant believe that i carry openly. especially at a bank?! lol. they all tell me im gonna get arrested if i keep doin it, because they think its illegal to carry in a bank. not that thats the only place i go, but with the incident at my home branch freakin out the manager, they think im stupid. you honestly wouldnt believe the ridicule i get for advicating legal carry all the time. you would think a bunch of coal miners would get it. but i guess not.......but im the crazy one lol

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I OC'd all day today and the only person that questioned me was my nephew (he's 10ish)
    Nephew: Why are you carrying a BB gun uncle William
    Me: It's not a BB gun.
    N: Is it a tranquilizer?
    Me: No, it's not.
    N: Is that a real gun?
    Me: Yes it is.
    N: Oh wow (pauses) are we going to shoot it?
    Me: Not today.
    Now for the rest of the story:
    I was in Michigan, in the woods, getting things straight for deer hunting. For once I even carried my extra mags; I didn't want to come across some trespassing a-wipe cooking meth armed with nothing but brush cutting tools.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom