Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Walmart (only went because I have gift cards...), Starbucks, Starbucks, Panera Bread, and Liquer Store at Main and Emerson.

Clerk asked if she could borrow my gun to shoot her co-worker in the foot, jokingly of course. She mentioned she had a "permit", I asked what she carried, we got into a 5 minute discussion on guns and laws and whatnot. Good talk :)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I sat in McD's for almost six hours yesterday, in the play area even. Made mulitple trips to the restroom and to the drink fountain. Only one person said anything and it was positive. We talked for about 30 mins about carry and firearms.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I sat in McD's for almost six hours yesterday, in the play area even. Made mulitple trips to the restroom and to the drink fountain. Only one person said anything and it was positive. We talked for about 30 mins about carry and firearms.

You sat in a McD's for almost SIX hours yesterday? That's all I got to say.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    You sat in a McD's for almost SIX hours yesterday? That's all I got to say.
    LOL. I should clarify. I met a friend I hadn't seen since high school (14 years) there. Choose McD's so our kids would have a place to play while we talked. I really didn't think we would be there that long.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I generally oc because i like full size pistols and fitted shirts. today i went to king gyros and a gas station, and got remarks at both. the first was a woman at king gyros. she said: "is you the po-lice?" i said no. she then said something along the lines of i shouldnt carry a gun because she almost shot me, or i could get shot by someone, w/e, i dont speak crackhead. i looked at her for a second and then told her thanks for the heads up.

the second run in was a kid about 14 or 15 that saw it and said "wow thats a gun. thats so cool. are you a security guard or something?" i told him i was an assassin and went on my way.

gotta love the west side of south bend.

HAH, this is an old post but it made me lol.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haha, yeah. When I'm feeling frisky, I tend to lean toward the solemn and quiet... "I'm an assassin," with the turn and walk away move...

Love it.

Alright, so today: Starbucks, Gas station, Panera Bread next to Weber Grill, around downtown, Sun King Brewery, and this evening at Walmart (finally wrapped up the gift cards, I can stop going there now... they checked my ID again for a credit purchase... and that is the one thing that I can't stand anymore.)

I didn't fight it today. Just left after purchase. Sent my complaints to the BBB, MasterCard, and Walmart... no one seems to care.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Haha, yeah. When I'm feeling frisky, I tend to lean toward the solemn and quiet... "I'm an assassin," with the turn and walk away move...

Love it.

Alright, so today: Starbucks, Gas station, Panera Bread next to Weber Grill, around downtown, Sun King Brewery, and this evening at Walmart (finally wrapped up the gift cards, I can stop going there now... they checked my ID again for a credit purchase... and that is the one thing that I can't stand anymore.)

I didn't fight it today. Just left after purchase. Sent my complaints to the BBB, MasterCard, and Walmart... no one seems to care.
    That's funny. I got into it today with the little Gamestop dude.

Him: I just need to see your ID.
    Me: Sorry I do not provide my ID. Visa is a signature card.
    Him: (Insert snotty tone)Well it's our policy to check. We are doing it for your protection.
    Me: I understand that but Visa is a signature card. You are more than welcome to check my signature against the card but I will not show you my ID.
    Him: (As he swipes the card) Well we don't have to sell to you if you don't show ID. We do it for your protection.
    Me: Then Gamestop would be in violation of the merchant terms of service with Visa.

There were other customers waiting and by this time our business was done but we were still going back and forth. I turned around to the other customers and apologized. They said to keep going because they were enjoying listening to our exchange.

So OC'd at GameStop and also at Discount Tire.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Love it.

I've worked at Walmart for 4 years and it is Walmart policy that we check IDs on any credit transaction over $100 and when the register randomly prompts for it.
    This IS for YOUR protection.
    I caught 3 or 4 people that I can think of off the top of my head when I was a Cashier who had other people's cards. I can assure you the credit card companies do not care if youre inconvenienced becuase we're helping prevent fraud and possible identity theft. They'd much rather we check them in the store then for them to deal with a case of identity theft later. I've spoken to Visa Customer Service several times in my retail career on this very subject.

Just thought I'd throw my :twocents: in there on the subject to help clear any misunderstandings on the issue.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I've worked at Walmart for 4 years and it is Walmart policy that we check IDs on any credit transaction over $100 and when the register randomly prompts for it.
    This IS for YOUR protection.
    I caught 3 or 4 people that I can think of off the top of my head when I was a Cashier who had other people's cards. I can assure you the credit card companies do not care if youre inconvenienced becuase we're helping prevent fraud and possible identity theft. They'd much rather we check them in the store then for them to deal with a case of identity theft later. I've spoken to Visa Customer Service several times in my retail career on this very subject.

Just thought I'd throw my :twocents: in there on the subject to help clear any misunderstandings on the issue.
    Guess what. I don't need Mao Mart's protection. Read below link. You can check signature on card against what the customer signs. If people want extra protection there's a card for that. It has their picture right on the front of the card.

What I don't want is to hand over my license number and address to anyone who thinks they have a right to ask. I've seen cashiers hold the card up to read it and the person standing behind them in another line read it too.

Company policy can't overreach terms of agreement with a card holder merchant. Beau is in the know!

Can Stores Require an ID When I Pay by Credit Card? | Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
    Oh Snap!

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I find it funny that these card companies have these "policies" yet thbey themselves don't even care about them:dunno:. As I stated before I have spoken with bith Reps and Supervisors at Visa on the subject of checking IDs to a card and they told me they appreciate the checking of IDs by retailers as it has proven to potentially prevent fraud and other issues. They like this becuase their fraud unit(they have some technical name for the unit but I dont remember it) is backlogged in cases they're working. I have no idea of Mastercard or Discover's "official" stance on the issue, as I've never spoken to them regarding the issue.

When I check IDs for cards I look at exactly 2 things and 2 things only and that is the name on the ID versus the name on the card and the picture of the ID holder.
    I hold an anti-fraud certification and teach new hires at orientation the ins and outs and the right and wrong ways of handling these situations, if they're to be register trained.

I guess it all boils down to if you dont like a retailer's policy, then dont shop there.;)

and now to be back on the topic at hand. I OCd at Walmart(not my store) and Pizza Hut today and several places in Ft Wayne yesterday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom