Not open for further replies.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Cvs, staples, ace hardware in nora.

While in line to check out at ace hardware, a loud woman says " open carry, ohh my, I have 1 of those but I would never open carry"

Me: " Why not?"

Loud lady: " I think you're the first person I've ever seen open caring in indiana."

Me: "Really?"

Loud lady: " that's great they allow that in indiana, they're trying to get that passed down in florida, but that would just be crazy. If every pedafile and lunatic down there in florida was allowed to carry oh my...."

Then some other woman piped in about how she lived in florida and...blah-blah-blah-blah-blah... I just moved on.

That is just insane....what the hell do guns have to do with child-molesters?

BradleyMP2011

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Thanks for this post guys. I'm new to the OC'ing scene. Started a new job where I'm required to OC and now I'm really starting to be more comfortable with it. Its good to hear others are practicing this as well. I have been a little nervous to walk into a gas station for a drink because I wasn't sure how people would react. But I believe we have the right to OC. I think it will get the point across to "would be criminals" us gun-toatin', liberal hatin', God fearin', Freedom fightin' citizens aren't playin around anymore.

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    Started a new job where I'm required to OC and now I'm really starting to be more comfortable with it.

A job that requires open carry? Might ask what and where is it? That's my kind of job. My Current job don't allow us to carry our Protocols/SOPs state we can't even keep firearms in out vehicles if on their property. and no they are not a business that are exempt from the new state law i carry to work lock it in the car and then carry as soon as im back in the car. i would love to be able to carry at work. BTW i work for an ambulance service.

Edit: BTW i OWB carry everywhere. not true oc due to it being winter.

TailBlazer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    I OC'ed today for the first time into a local pizza place. I was getting strange looks while in there. A gun the size of a S&W Sigma kinda draws attention when out and about it seems.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Thanks for this post guys. I'm new to the OC'ing scene. Started a new job where I'm required to OC and now I'm really starting to be more comfortable with it. Its good to hear others are practicing this as well. I have been a little nervous to walk into a gas station for a drink because I wasn't sure how people would react. But I believe we have the right to OC. I think it will get the point across to "would be criminals" us gun-toatin', liberal hatin', God fearin', Freedom fightin' citizens aren't playin around anymore.
    I think you'll find most people either don't notice or don't care. ;)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    5bea659e-dc1e-4941-a726-23bb7fe63a9f.jpg

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Two days ago was my first time open carry off of my own property or the range. I went to Dunhams and then back home. Yesterday was Meijers, and then lunch with the wife at Olive Garden. Today, Dunhams again :D ( i may have an addiction to that place for some reason lol ) then Meijers again :dunno: then the range.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Was up in Henryville today, helping a friend of the family rip the copper and other scrap metal out of his house before they bulldoze it. He needs the extra cash to help pay for things, since the house was a total loss.

Anyway, I OC'd my Taurus 605, on my right hip. Around noon we walked down into town for lunch, and I had to walk right through an intersection with 5 state troopers in it directing traffic. I had my 605 on the right hip, and a SOG Tactical Tomahawk on my left, that I had been using for breaking through drywall.

Had to walk past them twice like that, once on the way in, and once on the way out. None of them said a word; no one else did either. The gentleman whose house we were working in was also OCing, because they had just run some looters off earlier this week. We turned away a handful of people looking to "help us out" today with some of the more valuable scrap we had lying around.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    By the river in Mishawaka, Lifted my son onto my shoulders and had my SR9c completely expoused for about 2 minutes. Does that count:D what if I told you the people on the bench 15 feet to my right paniced and left right away?:dunno:

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Hello All! I appreciate all of these posts! I've tried to keep up with all of the listings, but can anyone list some places specific to the South Bend area? I'm curious about which areas have been "de-sensitized" and which have not... I'll still carry all around, but just looking to be prepared.
    Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom