• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Last night: the Mongolia BBQ (or whatever it is) in Clearwater. Love that place.

Tonight: Applebies in Plainfield. My wife likes one of their fancy salads. Other than my daughter being a bit feisty, a nice dinner out.

That's enough eating out for one week! Expensive, and I'm too stuffed. I think I'll stick to grilling the rest of the weekend.

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Kroger at 86th & Township Line. Wife needed refried beans and ice cream. Before you ask--no, she's not pregnant.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gave someone a story today, I bet.

Driving home, approaching my driveway... there's an SUV there. I have no idea who it is. I get a bit closer, a young/middle-aged black man in the driver seat looking at a phone or something. I slowly pull into the driveway, and slow down beside him. I look over, he gives me a "what's up" nod.

I pull into my garage, and step out of my car. He's still looking at his phone. Still, no idea what this guy's doing.

I walk a bit closer to his car, not up to the window. He looks over at my eyes, then down at my hip - "Oh! OH sorry, didn't mean to surprise you. I'm here from Amazon. Here's your package." He hands it to me, and keeps his eyes locked on my gun.

I sigh a bit in relief, and thank him for the package.

He smiles a bit, and pulls out.

So, if you order "Same-day delivery" from amazon - Apparently they use local people to deliver.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    ...So, if you order "Same-day delivery" from amazon - Apparently they use local people to deliver.

Amazon uses A1 Express Delivery for most same-day orders in Indianapolis if the USPS cut-off is missed. A1 will hire anyone with a car, I've had some interesting deliveries from them.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Gave someone a story today, I bet.

Driving home, approaching my driveway... there's an SUV there. I have no idea who it is. I get a bit closer, a young/middle-aged black man in the driver seat looking at a phone or something. I slowly pull into the driveway, and slow down beside him. I look over, he gives me a "what's up" nod.

I pull into my garage, and step out of my car. He's still looking at his phone. Still, no idea what this guy's doing.

I walk a bit closer to his car, not up to the window. He looks over at my eyes, then down at my hip - "Oh! OH sorry, didn't mean to surprise you. I'm here from Amazon. Here's your package." He hands it to me, and keeps his eyes locked on my gun.

I sigh a bit in relief, and thank him for the package.

He smiles a bit, and pulls out.

So, if you order "Same-day delivery" from amazon - Apparently they use local people to deliver.

Sorry for dragging this off topic, but I really envy you guys in Indianapolis-having Amazon same day delivery. [purple] it's so inconvenient to wait 2 days. [/purple] I'd have something delivered same-day at least once just for the experience.

Oh, and back on topic, I'm going camping at potato creek tonight, and plan to open carry there.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Sorry for dragging this off topic, but I really envy you guys in Indianapolis-having Amazon same day delivery. [purple] it's so inconvenient to wait 2 days. [/purple] I'd have something delivered same-day at least once just for the experience.

Oh, and back on topic, I'm going camping at potato creek tonight, and plan to open carry there.
    I've OC there two time while camping. Both time the DNR guy came over and asked if I would cover it up. I politely declined and he went on his merry way.

Top Bottom