• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'd swear my XDS was neon today or something, Had two negative passing reactions in a row. Guy in line behind me at the Camby McDonalds wandered up, I heard him say 'wow' and I noticed he took several steps back away from me, and kept a good distance until I left the counter area. Right after the quick lunch at McDonalds, ran across the street to Menards. My cashier never said anything directly to me, but I heard her mention mention a gun to the cashier next to her as I turned around to leave after paying. I heard the other cashier gasp rather loudly after I was pointed out to her. Could make a guy self-conscious...
    I went home and put the XDS to bed, since it was causing so much trouble today. Pulled out a 1911 as the replacement. :rockwoot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'd swear my XDS was neon today or something, Had two negative passing reactions in a row. Guy in line behind me at the Camby McDonalds wandered up, I heard him say 'wow' and I noticed he took several steps back away from me, and kept a good distance until I left the counter area. Right after the quick lunch at McDonalds, ran across the street to Menards. My cashier never said anything directly to me, but I heard her mention mention a gun to the cashier next to her as I turned around to leave after paying. I heard the other cashier gasp rather loudly after I was pointed out to her. Could make a guy self-conscious...
    I went home and put the XDS to bed, since it was causing so much trouble today. Pulled out a 1911 as the replacement. :rockwoot:

In Camby? I am in both those establishments on a regular basis while OCing and I've never had a word said to me, except the positive ones.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Yep, Camby. I was surprised as well, I'd only ever had one kind of negative reaction ever, until yesterday.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You're a woman. In the eyes of the public, you need protection more than men. At least that is my take on it.
    The ones who say things because they oppose the firearm aren't going to give a blip if the one doing the carrying has indoor or outdoor plumbing. Control freaks are control freaks.

Yep, Camby. I was surprised as well, I'd only ever had one kind of negative reaction ever, until yesterday.
    Well, the Menards has some new folks on the payroll. And you can't account for the patrons of restaurants. Still, it surprises me with how close Camby is to rural Morgan Co......

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    The ones who say things because they oppose the firearm aren't going to give a blip if the one doing the carrying has indoor or outdoor plumbing. Control freaks are control freaks.

I agree. I think the majority of the public is indifferent though, so when they see a woman carrying a firearm, they may be more apt to think, "Good for her."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An odd one just now at the liquor store.

As I walked in, there were two guys behind the counter. One knows me, the other I've never seen. The one that knows me said, "Oh, you cut your hair.", and the other said "Oh! And he's got a gun..."

I smiled, and walked back to the beer, they continued their conversation.

"Yeah, he does, now he's gonna shoot you."
    "Nah. He can't kill me with that."
    "Sure he could."
    "Nope. That gun can't kill me."

I had no idea what he was trying to say.... but, I made my way up with my beer. He rang me up, as the one I knew went outside for a smoke. After we finished and I was walking to the door...

"So is that a 38?"
    "No. Glock 23, a .40"
    "Oh, let's see it" he says... I step over so he can see on my hip. "What, you can't take it out?"
    "No... that wouldn't be safe."
    "... Oh. Well don't do anything I wouldn't do... like shoot someone."
    I chuckle a bit, I guess?
    he continues... "We don't need to carry here. I've been taught right."

Confused... I say bye and head out. Sounded like he was anti- to some extent... just didn't understand what he was getting at.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

As I walked in, there were two guys behind the counter. One knows me, the other I've never seen. The one that knows me said, "Oh, you cut your hair.", and the other said "Oh! And he's got a gun..."

"Sure he could."

I had no idea what he was trying to say.... but, I made my way up with my beer. He rang me up, as the one I knew went outside for a smoke. After we finished and I was walking to the door...

"So is that a 38?"
    "No. Glock 23, a .40"
    "Oh, let's see it" he says... I step over so he can see on my hip. "What, you can't take it out?"

Confused... I say bye and head out. Sounded like he was anti- to some extent... just didn't understand what he was getting at.
    Had to be anti. It was incoherent and illogical.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

"Sure he could."

"So is that a 38?"
    "No. Glock 23, a .40"

Apparently, that makes 3 of us as of this post.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    These were all in Muncie: Culver's, Rural King, Dunhams Sporting Goods, and the Walmart on the southeastern side of town. I also spotted another OCer as I was paying at the self-checkout. :rockwoot: He was sitting in front of the Subway looking at his smart phone as I was leaving.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

"Sure he could."

"So is that a 38?"
    "No. Glock 23, a .40"

It sounds like Arthur the new guy was just fishing for compliments...

fbd833_3699392.jpg

Top Bottom