• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    And now church, cause that's one place I just don't think weapons should be openly displayed. Just MHO.

Totally agree. With the idiots that have shot people at churches, it's now a place you should carry (cc). It's unfortunate that you need to carry at the house of the Lord.

I CC everywhere almost all of the time - except at my buddies shop (OC).

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    World's most boring thread.

Do we really need a report on something done in secret that

• causes no ripples
    • triggers no interesting encounters,
    • doesn't rock the boat
    • doesn't start conversations
    • doesn't educate the public
    • etc

:popcorn:

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast

• causes no ripples
    • doesn't rock the boat
    • etc

This is the point. If the bad guy does'nt know, you now have the advantage. If I am the bad guy and standing behind you and you are OC'g, I now have the advantage. I don't need to show off or model, I carry for self defense and I want every advantage that I can get.:D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This is the point. If the bad guy does'nt know, you now have the advantage. If I am the bad guy and standing behind you and you are OC'g, I now have the advantage. I don't need to show off or model, I carry for self defense and I want every advantage that I can get.:D

Even if that were true, CC'ing makes for one heck of a dull conversation. I could just say "all the time, everywhere" :):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Folks say this all the time, but have never been able to show an instance where a civilian was targeted for OC'ing. To the contrary, there is a thread here about an OC'er who shot a bad guy in a convenience store that seems to support the argument that the bad guys are focused on their target, not scoping out the customers.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Dang. I'd like to carry at church, but it has a school in a building adjacent to the Sanctuary, connected by a short hallway.

You could talk to Church Leadership about implementing a church security force. Be on it.

Or you could find a church without a school on the property. Home church!

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    You could talk to Church Leadership about implementing a church security force. Be on it.

This.

• causes no ripples
    • doesn't rock the boat
    • etc

I think there's value to this for folks who are new to the idea of carrying. Suppose you were a new gun owner who is being responsible, taking classes, etc., and you suddenly realize you can get a license to carry. You would wonder how it works, do people actually do it, where do they do it, etc. A thread like this at least gives them a little bit of an idea of "oh, I could carry when I go to Wal-Mart and fill up on gas. That would be safer than going without a gun. Ok, I think I'll try that." Shrug. That's my :twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    This.

I think there's value to this for folks who are new to the idea of carrying. Suppose you were a new gun owner who is being responsible, taking classes, etc., and you suddenly realize you can get a license to carry. You would wonder how it works, do people actually do it, where do they do it, etc. A thread like this at least gives them a little bit of an idea of "oh, I could carry when I go to Wal-Mart and fill up on gas. That would be safer than going without a gun. Ok, I think I'll try that." Shrug. That's my :twocents:

I agree with you. A new carrier feels like there is a spot light shining on them everywhere they go. The grip is sticking out six feet, everybody can see the gun, women are crying and small children are hiding. I think a thread showing how boring carrying a gun really is has value to help calm frazzled nerves.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This.

Agreed... that works for me

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I carried at church for the first time yesterday...G26 in an ankle holster. We don't have a school or anything like that so I don't have to worry about that....I had just never felt comfortable doing it before for some reason. I also CC'd around Brownsburg...Lowes, Marsh, etc.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Concealed Carry should be boring.

Even Open Carry should be boring but it might not be quite as boring as CC.

Today I left the house with a 1911 on my hip. Went to one of my cigar shops, then to the bait shop/gun store to see if they got any .380 in, off to my office, then to a nearby machine shop to drop some stuff off. Later to Cabela's, then to ARBY's (love their Ruben sandwich) and back to my office. Went to visit with a friend, she hugged me goodbye but didn't comment when she felt the gun on my hip. Off to the post office, left the gun in the car. Then to Seattle Sutton to pick up some food, over to Starbucks for a cup o joe. And then home. Pretty normal. Pretty boring. The way it should be.

Nobody ran screaming, nobody seemed to be afraid of the fact that I was in their presence. No alarms sounded, no police were called. No laws broken. Just a normal day.

As it should be. As it should be every day.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I carried at church for the first time yesterday...G26 in an ankle holster. We don't have a school or anything like that so I don't have to worry about that....I had just never felt comfortable doing it before for some reason. I also CC'd around Brownsburg...Lowes, Marsh, etc.

Here's a thought for you that might cause to you want to carry every Sunday at Church!

If a BG will rob a gas station for $30 why wouldn't they want to rob a church of several hundred at smaller / few thousand in larger congregations?

Besides Obama is wrong often enough. I would want him to think someone would cling to ONLY a bible or a gun. My family and I will cling to both!

1/2 shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    State of Confusion
    Everywhere I go.

Quote: "Remember when Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms described the local corner store and not a government agency?" :patriot:

Yes I do, kind of shows our age doesn't it.

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's a thought for you that might cause to you want to carry every Sunday at Church!

If a BG will rob a gas station for $30 why wouldn't they want to rob a church of several hundred at smaller / few thousand in larger congregations?

Besides Obama is wrong often enough. I would want him to think someone would cling to ONLY a bible or a gun. My family and I will cling to both!

Great point....and you're absolutely right. I think it's just going to take some time to get used to it. REP for the insight!

speeddemon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    we went to a dyno shop a week ago, and the lady working there asked why i was carrying a stun gun.... lol

most of the time even if i OC nothing or nobody is different for the most part

Top Bottom