• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    If this has been asked or addressed forgive me. But if I decide to homeschool my children, will my home be classified as a school, thus making it illegal for any firearms to be on my property?

The law specifically exempts your private property from the "gun free school zone" act. Even if your property is directly beside & butts up against school property you don't have to follow the "no guns within 1000 feet of a school" law.

Also another way around it is that the director of the school can give anyone permission to carry in their school. You're the director of your school aren't you?

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    where can i not legally carry my handgun in indiana?
    Any Parks and Recreation property in Beech Grove. I just found out this morning. Guess who's going to a city council meeting in the future?

ME!

§ 99.04 PROHIBITED CONDUCT.
    (C) It shall be unlawful for any person, unless authorized by resolution of the Board of Parks and Recreation, to discharge any firearms or air rifles, or to have possession of any firearms or other explosive devices or air rifles, or to endanger others by the use of any weapon, article, or device or air rifle, within any park, playground, or on any property controlled or leased by the Department of Parks and Recreation, or on which a concession has been granted by it.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    how about a bank? all banks are not federal right so you should be allowed

Banks are fine.

I know banks are legal to carry (at least in IN) but I guess that brings up a good question...

Are ANY banks "federal"? Are Federal Reserve Banks actually federal property (therefore subject to the federal no-carry laws)? I thought they were privately run banks with federal backing to set monetary policy.

Top Bottom