• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Well, I waited as long as I could.....

Then why when I shook my friends Colt, did it rattle like a babies toy?
    popcorn2.gif

99% of the time when a person shakes something hard enough, their head moves...... most likely, in this case, that's where the rattle originated.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a Les Baer Custom 1911 45ACP. Very tight and smooth like a virgin's...er..nevermind. It's also very accurate, more accurate than my Colt Gold Cup match.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Regarding sub-dividing the forums:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...split_long_guns_into_multiple_categories.html

The current arrangement forces 1911 fans, Glock fans, XD fans, Hi-Point fans, and fans of everything else to live side-by-side in peace and harmony, and we have no plans to change. There are (allegedly) other gun-specific forums on the web if you need to limit yourselves to interacting with others with similar tastes. This is the INDIANA GUN OWNERS forum, and that's the common thing that binds us together, not love for a certain type of gun. :ingo:

My :twocents:
    I like this arrangement. I'm an equal-opportunity gun owner myself (LOL). While I think the Glock 30 is perhaps the second-greatest carry gun ever made, the 1911s will always hold a special - and elevated - place in my heart and my Kimber Pro Carry is my favorite firearm companion ever. Having said all that - I like the consolidated "handgun" forum to hear and appreaciate all views and experiences.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Can I just say that I love seeing everyone's perspectives here? I used to read the 1911Forum all the time (great site) but I really like the mix here.

I like the segregation based on function but would hate to see segregation based on brand.

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    It would be nice to talk to folks locally who have knowledge concerning certain firearms.

For example, people building AR15's, M1911s, or other guns, would be able to set up face to face meeting with folks that could help them. ie, loaning of tools or hands on building help.

This may sound like I'm babbling, but I didn't get much sleep last night.:n00b:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    For example, people building AR15's, M1911s, or other guns, would be able to set up face to face meeting with folks that could help them. ie, loaning of tools or hands on building help.

Sounds like a "build party". We had an INGO AR build party in Indy last year; it was fun. We ought to do another...

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Dont get butt hurt because a Colt rattled
    Well, lets see, who posted the devastating revelation that now and then a handgun will rattle when shaken vigorously ?.... I'm pretty sure that comment was a slam of sorts. Then it seems like he got miffed when his revelation was made fun of. It must have been the same guy that has now introduced us to the term "butt hurt". I can only guess that from similar prior encounters, he has become intimately familiar with that term. Try some Preparation "H"....... you decide where. :patriot:

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    On the topic of a 1911 sub forum. I appreciate the idea but we are not going to do it.

If we did a 1911 forum then we would have requests for

Glock
    XD
    Ruger
    CZ
    Beretta
    High Point
    S&W
    HK

etc etc etc

Long gun guys would want their own forums

AR
    AK

etc etc etc

Then we would need

Rock River
    Stag
    Daniel Defense
    Olympic
    Bushmaster
    Colt
    DPMS

etc etc etc

Then we have Glock Talk.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    On the topic of a 1911 sub forum. I appreciate the idea but we are not going to do it.

Not that it matters, but I like things just like they are. Fenway has created, and maintained an excellent playground for all of us, and exhibits a given degree of tolerance for some of us..... uh..... "less tactful" folks.

meanone92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    1911 are very great guns. UNfortunately I had to sell mine due to lay off, but will own more one of these days.

I owned a RIA 1911. Read alot of posts from people calling them cheap. I never had the first problem with mine. It shot every kind of ammo I fed it with no problem. I never had to wait on any kind of a break in time.

Another great thing about them is how easy they are to shoot. I'm not a great shot, but with my 1911 i looked like i've been shooting for years.

The only negative thing i could say about them is they will cost ya money. cause once you get one and see all the add-ons for them you start spending!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnwaynes44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Ok, I'll settle for banning Glock threads. Stamp....inject....stamp....inject.
    No really. Everyone made some pretty valid points. I think the mod is right, it would open a can of worms that is already open elsewhere. Guess when I get tire of seeing plastic I will jump back to 1911Forum.

Top Bottom