• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I usually carry two extra reloads no matter what I am carrying. Skit happens after all.

Hi Chris, welcome to INGO! First- Indiana does not issue a CCW permit it is a License to Carry Handgun often abbreviated as LTCH. It does not specify concealed and it is completely legal to open carry here as many of us do.

Second, don't type skit. Type out the real word and if it isn't allowed here it will look like this: ****.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Hi Chris, welcome to INGO! First- Indiana does not issue a CCW permit it is a License to Carry Handgun often abbreviated as LTCH. It does not specify concealed and it is completely legal to open carry here as many of us do.

Second, don't type skit. Type out the real word and if it isn't allowed here it will look like this: ****.
    Sure, give a new guy some skit!

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Here is what I said in another post...

I was at a seminar and heard an Ohio Sheriff's Deputy tell a story where he was shot 4 times with an AR and was able to drop his attacker with his .40 S&W sidearm at 62 yards with the last round he had. After that he was out of ammo because he had no extra mag. He couldn't get into his truck because one of the .223 rounds destroyed one of his femurs and another disabled one of his arms. Oh, the other thing was his attacker's wife came out after the shootout and went to her husband. The deputy didn't know if she was gonna pick up the AR and come over and kill the deputy for shooting her husband or not. But there wasn't anything he was gonna be able to do about it if she did because he was out of ammo. Luckily for him she just came out to care for her husband.

At the end of the talk he said, "Shame on you if you don't carry an extra mag or two." Basically his point was it could be the difference between living and dying. He was lucky that he didn't need more ammo.

I have since switched from a 1911 and Kel-Tec P3AT to a Glock 23 and 26 for my primary and backup guns. I am carrying an extra mag for each of them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't understand the argument that the average gun fight only takes 2 or 3 rounds, so a spare is not needed. That type of thinking would also support the fact that the average person never gets into a gun fight, so why have one on you at all? If I find myself in a gun fight, it's already not an average day. By carrying a gun, I am preparing for what could happen, not what probably will happen.

Thinking about it, there's not much average happening right now. The economy is not doing what it normally does, so people are finding themselves in unusual situations. I'm not going to carry based on the average crime statistics gathered over the last 40 years. How I'm going to carry is based on what I think might happen in the next 10 years. We are in a different world now and need to be looking forward to figure things out instead of looking at past trends for answers.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    ^^^^^ THIS is EXACTLY what I was thinking ^^^^^
    and they carry FULL SIZE guns, NOT compacts... and some have a B/U also .....

which is why i love my 10+1 subcompact 45ACP Mil Pro, still holster shopping but i plan to carry with both clips loaded up

if 21 shots of 45 don't take care of it, it's bigger than I am

Top Bottom