• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What do you define as social engineering?

Very simple, when the govt at any level gets involved in things they shouldn't regarding how we live. Examples: affirmative action, gays in the military, women on submarines, limits on soft drink sizes, transfats, etc. I believe the govt should protect us from invasion, use our taxes to maintain the roads, provide a TEMPORARY safety net for those truly in need, and not a whole lot more. Flame on.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Very simple, when the govt at any level gets involved in things they shouldn't regarding how we live. Examples: affirmative action, gays in the military, women on submarines, limits on soft drink sizes, transfats, etc. I believe the govt should protect us from invasion, use our taxes to maintain the roads, provide a TEMPORARY safety net for those truly in need, and not a whole lot more. Flame on.

Do you consider marriage laws and banning gay marriage social engineering?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Do you consider marriage laws and banning gay marriage social engineering?

For legal purposes in the world we're in, a marriage should be registered. As to who performed the marriage, it could be Mickey Mouse for all I care. IMO gay marriage corrupts the meaning of the word marriage. I define marriage in the traditional way where there is a strong expectation of producing offspirng. I realize the meanings of words can change over time and accept that. Gays can do whatever they want as long as they don't get in my face.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For legal purposes in the world we're in, a marriage should be registered. As to who performed the marriage, it could be Mickey Mouse for all I care. IMO gay marriage corrupts the meaning of the word marriage. I define marriage in the traditional way where there is a strong expectation of producing offspirng. I realize the meanings of words can change over time and accept that. Gays can do whatever they want as long as they don't get in my face.

Marriage laws are nothing more than social engineering.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Was Bloomberg "the fat kid" during his formative years? Was he the chubby one in school who always got picked last for a kickball team?

His obsessive hatred of food is pathological. If he wasn't in a city where crazy is the new normal, his friends and family would hold an intervention and send him off for psycotherapy.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Marriage laws are nothing more than social engineering.

Please be more specific. What marriage laws are you referring to? I don't think, in our society and under our legal structure that two people can simply declare they are married without making (recording) a record of it with the appropriate govt authority. I think you're pushing it, or baiting me,to call traditional marriage
    social engineering.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    “People sometimes right now don’t have healthy options,” said Christine Curtis, the city Health Department’s director of nutrition strategy. “So you are there at 2 in the morning and maybe your only choice is soda and chips

How about people stop going to a hospital and expecting to eat???

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Please be more specific. What marriage laws are you referring to? I don't think, in our society and under our legal structure that two people can simply declare they are married without making (recording) a record of it with the appropriate govt authority. I think you're pushing it, or baiting me,to call traditional marriage
    social engineering.

Marriage should be no business of the government. I've read here meant times that the purpose of marriage laws is to encourage nuclear families. Whether that is right, wrong, or indifferent, it's social engineering.

If we as a society could ever view right and wrong without the lens of politician affiliation and bias, we'd be much better off. What you want is to send those who are guilty of social engineering to North Korea as long as you don't agree with the engineering.

pjt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    And Bloomberg is favored by 51% of those who SHOW UP TO VOTE.

Posted by a member who lives in a Congressional district that elected a Congressman by a FOUR VOTE MARGIN.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Marriage should be no business of the government. I've read here meant times that the purpose of marriage laws is to encourage nuclear families. Whether that is right, wrong, or indifferent, it's social engineering.

If we as a society could ever view right and wrong without the lens of politician affiliation and bias, we'd be much better off. What you want is to send those who are guilty of social engineering to North Korea as long as you don't agree with the engineering.

Lighten up man. I'm just tired of the govt in my life. But that aside, I do thin North Korea would be a good place for Bloomberg to go.

Top Bottom