• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So am I as well as others who are beat about the head by republican social engineering.

For the record, Bloomberg is currently an Independent. Per Wiki he was first a Dem, then GOP, now Ind. I believe he got rid of term limits in NYC so he can be mayor for life.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    For the record, Bloomberg is currently an Independent. Per Wiki he was first a Dem, then GOP, now Ind. I believe he got rid of term limits in NYC so he can be mayor for life.

He was elected to mayor as a repub twice.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    TODAY NYC!! THEN NY STATE!! THEN ALL OF AMERICA!! AND FINALLY HE WILL TAKE OVER THE WHOLE WORLD!!! PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO DO WHAT HE WANTS!! NOTHING ELSE WILL BE ALLOWED!!!! (narf)

I'm sure he will be a kind Earth Emperor. All bad things will go away. YOU will never have it better than under his rule.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Soon all restraunts will be Mount Sinai Hospital cafeteria...

0031.jpg

hospitalfood1.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Marriage should be no business of the government. I've read here meant times that the purpose of marriage laws is to encourage nuclear families. Whether that is right, wrong, or indifferent, it's social engineering.

If we as a society could ever view right and wrong without the lens of politician affiliation and bias, we'd be much better off. What you want is to send those who are guilty of social engineering to North Korea as long as you don't agree with the engineering.

Marriage is to protect each individual who enters into the contract financially. That is where the government comes in. Saying marriage is only between 1 man and 1 woman is where religion comes in. Gays deserve the same rights as non-gays. They should be able to join together in a civil union not a marriage to be protected financially same as a married couple...then everyone would be happy. There are plenty of nuclear families where the parents are not married...rights are given to spouses that are not given to anyone else, gays should have those same rights. I don't believe protecting one through a contract of marriage is social engineering.

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    You gotta love a guy who chirps on about how the common peasantry should disarm themselves, while he himself maintains armed guards at all times.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Very simple, when the govt at any level gets involved in things they shouldn't regarding how we live. Examples: affirmative action, gays in the military, women on submarines, limits on soft drink sizes, transfats, etc. I believe the govt should protect us from invasion, use our taxes to maintain the roads, provide a TEMPORARY safety net for those truly in need, and not a whole lot more. Flame on.

What is wrong with gays in the military? What is wrong with gay marriage? Gays have been in the military since day one. Are gays to blame for higher than 50% divorce rate among married straights? Are gays to blame for the even higher divorce rate in the bible belt? How does affirmative action affect you?

I truly am interested in your answers.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What is wrong with gays in the military? What is wrong with gay marriage? Gays have been in the military since day one. Are gays to blame for higher than 50% divorce rate among married straights? Are gays to blame for the even higher divorce rate in the bible belt? How does affirmative action affect you?

In 1960 I joined the US Army. One day in the chow line a cook made a comment about how nice my hair looked in the morning. I was 18 at the time and remember to this day how uncomfortable that made my immature self feel. In my outfit, I'm sure at that time that a gay would have had the crap beaten out of him.
    I won't debate divorce rates as I don't care. I have observed in my life that gays also have breakups. I worked with a gay guy for seven years. He was an excellent co-worker. In that time period he went though several . I have no idea what the divorce rate is in the "bible belt", nor do I care.

Affirmative action affects me when I have to deal with an who is not qualified to be in the position they are in but of affirmative action, there they are. Conservative blacks are insulted by affirmative action as well they should be. Not what country is all about. In that vein, I that Barack & Michelle are examples of affirmative action. I've never been able to find out who actually paid for their educations.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It means having someone else tell you what the right thing to do is whether you agree or not. You like?

The point of my question is that we need to take our party blinders off. To complain about social engineering by the left and wish to exile them to North Korea while ignoring or supporting social engineering from the right is hypocrisy.

I used to support conservative social engineering in the form of marriage laws, morals, etc. Then I realized the hypocrisy in my positions. I still personally believe that a marriage is between one man and one woman. But if I want the government to stay out of my home, I need to stay out of others homes.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The point of my question is that we need to take our party blinders off. To complain about social engineering by the left and wish to exile them to North Korea while ignoring or supporting social engineering from the right is hypocrisy.

I used to support conservative social engineering in the form of marriage laws, morals, etc. Then I realized the hypocrisy in my positions. I still personally believe that a marriage is between one man and one woman. But if I want the government to stay out of my home, I need to stay out of others homes.

On that we agree. And your point is well taken. Social Engineering or Nanny State law making is certainly not limited to any one party.

I am so fed up with government at every level and of every stripe telling me what I can do, eat and posess that I have to stop thinking about it from time to time so my head doesn't explode.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

For your reading pleasure, here is a link to a free ebook. In it is an article written by LTC (ret) Tom Kratman called: "The Amazon's Right Breast".
    In it, he makes some very good points about the history of social engineering in the US Army and why it doesn't - and can't - work the way it has been done. I found nothing in that article with which I disagreed, coming from my 39 years in the military.

http://www.baenebooks.com/10.1125/Baen/9781451637779/9781451637779.htm?blurb

Toward the end, he quotes G.K. Chesterton, a quote which I believe is very germane to the subject of gays and females in the military as well as gay marriage, and heterosexual marriage:

In the matter of reforming things, as distinct from deforming them, there is one plain and simple principle; a principle which will probably be called a paradox. There exists in such a case a certain institution or law; let us say, for the sake of simplicity, a fence or gate erected across a road. The more modern type of reformer goes gaily up to it and says, "I don't see the use of this; let us clear it away." To which the more intelligent type of reformer will do well to answer: "If you don't see the use of it, I certainly won't let you clear it away. Go away and think. Then, when you can come back and tell me that you do see the use of it, I may allow you to destroy it."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom