• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    What kind of authority would do such a thing? Why, because you were ordered to? Really? Superiors telling subordinates what to do. I don't know one person in an authoritative position that is willing to go knocking on doors and doing this. Wake up! It ain't gonna happen.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    For those that would give up your guns, bury your guns or hide them, my suggestion is to come to our shop and I will buy them from you now. Might as well get something out of it now then loose your investment completely later, maybe take a cruise or buy some new shoes for the wife. Might as well enjoy the money now. I am sure there are good patriots out there that will buy these guns and know what to do with them when the time comes. The second amendment is a right, given to us by God and only recognized by our forefathers in writing. It is a right not given to us by man and therefore can not be taken away by man. If man wants to take that right away then he must be prepared to suffer the consequences of his actions. If your not prepared to defend the rights given to you by God then might as well come to the understanding now that you don't need your guns nor do you deserve them.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    What kind of authority would do such a thing? Why, because you were ordered to? Really? Superiors telling subordinates what to do. I don't know one person in an authoritative position that is willing to go knocking on doors and doing this. Wake up! It ain't gonna happen.

Ummm... dont you remember Katrina. Didnt hear of too many LEO's arguing with the roundup of everyone's guns then. They were more than happy to kick around old grannies to wrest their .38's from them. Sorry, dont have much faith in LEO's or our military servicemen really standing up to the powers-that-be if push ever came to shove.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Ummm... dont you remember Katrina. Didnt hear of too many LEO's arguing with the roundup of everyone's guns then. They were more than happy to kick around old grannies to wrest their .38's from them. Sorry, dont have much faith in LEO's or our military servicemen really standing up to the powers-that-be if push ever came to shove.
    You got that right. Disobey an order risk a summary execution.

jimmy_ftwayne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For those that would give up your guns, bury your guns or hide them, my suggestion is to come to our shop and I will buy them from you now. Might as well get something out of it now then loose your investment completely later, maybe take a cruise or buy some new shoes for the wife. Might as well enjoy the money now. I am sure there are good patriots out there that will buy these guns and know what to do with them when the time comes. The second amendment is a right, given to us by God and only recognized by our forefathers in writing. It is a right not given to us by man and therefore can not be taken away by man. If man wants to take that right away then he must be prepared to suffer the consequences of his actions. If your not prepared to defend the rights given to you by God then might as well come to the understanding now that you don't need your guns nor do you deserve them.

+1
    I am not a hunter. I am not overly concerned about the sporting benefits of gun ownership. I live in a relatively safe neighborhood, and although I know anything can happen anywhere, I tend to stay away from bad areas and I generally feel safe whenever I'm not armed. So personally, I do not own weapons for the purpose of self defense. I am a gun owner for one and only one reason: In the true spirit of the second amendment, it is not just about allowing you to own a firearm; an armed citizenry is necessary for the existence of a free state. I am a gun owner for the sole purpose of being a deterent to would-be tyrants. If, God forbid, the time comes to "bury guns", it is my responsibility, and any freedom loving American's duty to stand up and shout a resounding "NO!"

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Here is the best way that I can answer this question....

It is my constitutional right to bear arms, according to the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.

When I was in the US Marine Corp I took an oath swearing to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;...

If someone comes to my door wanting the items that I am Constitutionally allowed to have, own, possess and defend my family, my state and my country with then I will honor that oath to defend the Constitution against said enemy...foreign or domestic....

Not trying to incite a violent act, just wanting to place honor where honor is due....

cobraguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    from the post above very well said if that dosent work

ill tell them they can take them form my cold dead hands

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    +1
    I am not a hunter. I am not overly concerned about the sporting benefits of gun ownership. ... If, God forbid, the time comes to "bury guns", it is my responsibility, and any freedom loving American's duty to stand up and shout a resounding "NO!"

But unfortunately, "true sportsmen" - are more than happy to watch the Congress pass laws against "evil black rifles" and "high capacity" magazines.

There's not going to be a dramatic law that slips through Congress that spontaneously bans all guns and jack booted thugs run through rural America snatching up guns and kill dogs. No, it will be a long process of our rights slowly being eroded such that each law is only a new paper cut to the Constitution - Look to Canada & Australia for modern examples. It starts with selectively choosing what you can buy, a la A.W.B. The hunters will sit around and say, "At least my rifle and shotgun is legal, I only need five rounds." and "Pistol grips are for gangbangers anyways".

Eventually, with enough well crafted, the cost of legal ownership will be too much to bear. It will still be legal from the courts perspective (like handgun ownership in DC now), but way too expensive for the masses (machineguns, anyone?). Economics is a far more powerful force than strict laws. Think about it - noise suppressor ownership is legal, but who wants to deal with the hassle and cost - only a few of us.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Not to throw water on this fun discussion, but in the wake of this incident Congress passed a law specifically banning the confiscation of firearms by federal employees in times of natural disasters.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ummm... don't you remember Katrina. Didn't hear of too many LEO's arguing with the roundup of everyone's guns then. They were more than happy to kick around old grannies to wrest their .38's from them. Sorry, don't have much faith in LEO's or our military servicemen really standing up to the powers-that-be if push ever came to shove.

(FIFY)

It seems that some did refuse orders to confiscate:
    Nat. Guard unit refused to confiscate guns during Katrina - rwnutjob - Open Salon

sampo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Owen County
    If I know there coming? I'd pick'em off one by one as they approached, or either save my skin and my family and lie and tell them my step-son stole them long ago, and I couldn't prosecute a family member, or I'd hear it from my wife for LIFE! :nono::lala:

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    Personally I don't see them rounding up all guns on a national scale unless something major happens like takeover by another nation, U.N., etc.

The way they do it is to slowly over time by passing new laws in the name of "common sense gun control" and the sheeple buy into the brain washing.

Starts with assault weapons (guns that look scary to liberals).
    Then comes handguns. Since the average citizen isn't trained well enough to use them responsibly.
    Then comes the hunting weapons.

The anti gun people are nothing if not persistent. They do it slowly over time because they know an all out ban right now just isn't going to happen.

But I lost all my Guns in a boating accident anyway :p

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, ok, ok.

So everyone here is not going to give in at the last moment before the world turns into abject hell.

My question is, "What are you doing, today, to ensure the world does not turn into abject hell on your watch?"

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    i sold them all to mexican cartels....lo siento mucho

Lol y yo. Realistically, I would bury most, bring a few forward. If they cannot prevent me from defending my house, I will not fight a military force solo and be eventually killed. #1 is family, then all else

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I added all mine to my friends coffin before he was buried. I figured he needed them for the afterlife. See I believe in ancient egyptian culture. I decided after my friends death that I would not be needing guns anymore as They are evil.. I am so glad Leo/Military that you are rounding up these horrible guns on the streets. I wish I could help you out on letting you know who has guns. Its always been a sensitive subject to me. So No one talks about them around me. I would inform them i still have an air soft gun, and that I need it gone so i will turn that over! I would at this point ask for a list of local previous gun owners that they took guns from, so i can light a bag of Dog **** and knock on their door and run.. :-D

Top Bottom