• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Same thing i told my teachers when they asked where my homework was back in school....I had it, but when I went to look for it this morning, it was gone. I bet my brother or sister picked it up, or maybe the dog ate it.

how did that work out for ya?

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Hard answer, and very subjective about the surrounding circumstances (some of them have been mentioned already). Assuming it happens suddenly with no time to prepare or react, I'll have to ask myself two questions:

1. Are we in a police state with no chance of legal recourse? (this will be an indication to me that America as the Constitution defines it no longer exists)

2. Do I want my daughter to still have a father tomorrow?

If 1 is false, I might ask the guy just following orders on the other side of the door if he wants to still be someone's family tomorrow. (son, father, etc.)

If 1 is true, 2 will be very difficult to answer. If 1 is true, what form of life am I willing to endure in order be there to protect my family. I may be willing to sacrifice myself, but if I'm gone, and we're in a police state, who will protect my wife and daughter? I'm not willing to sacrifice them.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I traded them at a couple of the gun shows they have at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne. Receipt of the transaction, why I did not get one because it isn't required.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I know some of you are dead serious as to what your "plan" is but why advertise it so freely?? (Besides the obvious of not giving a rats azz.)

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    I agree they can't find 12 million border jumpers. Then they will have a hard time finding mine. Besides just find a trust worthy family member or a neighbor, who as never filled out a 4473 before.

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I agree they can't find 12 million border jumpers. Then they will have a hard time finding mine. Besides just find a trust worthy family member or a neighbor, who as never filled out a 4473 before.

True, the idea that the secret police will come knocking on everyone's door is unrealistic, most likely course of action would be to say "that's illegal so turn em in" much like in the UK. That way they can save resources and weed out the people who will play along from the resistant types and have a smaller group to focus on. And even then I doubt they are competent enough to find their targets.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Let's see, 1 in every 4 Americans own a gun and there are 350 million guns out there... there are 311 million people. That makes 78 million gun owners. There are 800 or 900,000 LEO's. The military consists of 1.5 million. That is a little under 2.5 million people to confiscate guns from 78 million. Say half are are available for confiscation and they don't go it alone, maybe 4 "officers" show up to each residence. It would take 250 visits each. They can't do it that way.

They will just do what England did. Guns are illegal, turn them in. The vast majority of people will just do it. When the turn in is over that is where the door to door action will begin.

How many of you out there will just turn them in? Sure, everyone is gung-ho on the Internet. My best guess is about 95% of the guns will be voluntarily given up, maybe more. I base my guess on the number of people who fought in the revolutionary war versus the total population.. About 5% of the people back then actually got up and did something about their situation. They looked around at what they had, their homes, families, jobs, possessions and felt that their freedom was most important. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if far less of a percentage would get off their rears today.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer

Trust me, they don't want to find the illegals. If they did a vast majority of them would leave on their own accord. The rest would be swept up in a matter of weeks.

Never underestimate governments, never. When the Germans wanted to find the Jews in WWII they did. At Treblinka using one rail line they transported and executed over 800,000 people from July 1942 to August 1943. That's one camp. If this government were really interested in deporting illegals they would be gone faster than a fart in the wind.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    If they caught me by surprise and I opened the door and the gun police were at my door I guess I wouldn't have much of a choice. I could tell them I don't have any but the berm and targets in the back yard might give me away. If I knew they were coming I could hide my good guns and give them a couple token junk guns. Guns aren't much fun burried in the back yard.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Only if they pay me for the firearm, the ammunition and all of the accessoriesf---well probably not even then. Why does not ex post facto apply to this and protect me? All of my guns are legally, were legally obtained, were legal when I obtained them and there is no current legal reason why I can not own them. How can we allow something that was legal at the time to be a criminal act some time in the future. I know about prohibition, but that was through a constitutional amendment process. O'Bummer and the idiot Holder can not just issue an executive order and declare that all firearms are illegal and must be turned in. I also know that some liberal states have enacted stage gun confiscation laws, but those states are largely inhabited by liberals who want to feed at the government trough and think that their rosey outlooks on life should be shared by all.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

Statist pigs do not want to find the border jumpers. Border jumpers are easy to control with the threat of deportation.

Those exercising their natural rights documented in the Second Amendment are another matter. It is why those that exercise their rights documented in the Second Amendment get more focus than do border jumpers.

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    Statist pigs do not want to find the border jumpers. Border jumpers are easy to control with the threat of deportation..

And to add to that: Border Jumpers + No Voter ID laws + promised amnesty = lots of votes for the great one.

Like mentioned earlier. If they really wanted to find them, they could.

Top Bottom