• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    We all joke about the old '' O I lost them in a boating accident '' What are you really going to say when your local police come to to round up your firearms? ( All a theoretical situation )

The only reason my local police would come to round up all my firearms would be if we were putting on some kind of big shooting education event in which we needed all of my firearms as loaners. If that were to happen I would probably say something like:

"Wow Leon, we sure are going to have a great weekend. Living in America is awesome!".

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Bill,
    I understand what you mean, if suspected of terrorism or something of a violent nature. However, I think the OP was talking about when they flat out outlaw firearms. Which I pray won't happen! If it does, then and only then would I consider an uprising. The day they outlaw guns, is the day they attempt to make us slaves. Ain't happening, LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hold on. If they've been told you (or anyone) is planning a mall shooting or plane hijacking and/or have already killed cops, you would not consider that the suspect should be at a minimum disarmed in the process of being arrested?

Blessings,
    Bill

I understand the circumstance you've outlined, Bill. Maybe I should have capitalized MY SELF DEFENSE TOOLS.;)

My frame of reference is that I've not done anything wrong and am not planning on doing anything wrong. SO it must be a government takeover or a setup.

Truth be told, if it was a dynamic entry and a surprise they'd be receiving fire. If they're smart enough to knock, I'll prolly come out and talk.

I suspect if they're smart they'd come remove my tools while I was away and apprehend at a location more advantageous for them.

If I WAS planning mayhem, they certainly wouldn't find me at home. And my guns would be scattered to the four winds.

This is what happens when we start with an incomplete hypothesis.:dunno:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    All I can say is, that I swore an oath to defend the CONSTITUTION and our free people from enemies foreign AND domestic because a people's freedom is far more important to me than my own...........the ideaology of freedom for man is of far greater importance than I....and it is a man's duty to ensure that freedom survives for his grandchildren...........I know that death is a part of life and inevitable, therefore I will not live in fear of it

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    on another note, it's a SAD day and age where our freedom has been stripped of us enough to force us into self-censorship regarding our opinions, ideaology, and/or disagreeing thoughts with a corrupt government..............is that not tyranny/oppression

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Police forces

The only reason my local police would come to round up all my firearms would be if we were putting on some kind of big shooting education event in which we needed all of my firearms as loaners. If that were to happen I would probably say something like:

"Wow Leon, we sure are going to have a great weekend. Living in America is awesome!".

Please see post #14 in Jetgirls's thread in General Political Discussion!

Project972

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Now I like that train of thought. I think I would get rid of that new 870. I don't really like it. I want a good fifty year old one. Semper Fi

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've thought about that some. Right now my first responsibility is to my wife. If she goes to Croak City first all my options change. Do I want to spend the rest of my life in a federal prison for resisting a mass gun turn-in? What do I do when someone comes to my door? It won't be a JBT but the local sheriff or deputy. Am I going to violently resist someone I know? Do I have what it takes to put it all on the line like the original patriots? I don't know. I don't really know.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    You too?? Wonder what he's gonna do with all those guns?:D

I heard he has a sign business with a lucrative international contract...

'' What are you really going to say when your local police come to to round up your firearms? ( All a theoretical situation )

You will comply. You will be grossly outnumbered and underpowered(If the drones circling above doesn't convey that feeling, the hovering gunship should). Dying in your livingroom today will not advance your cause tomorrow.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    You will comply. You will be grossly outnumbered and underpowered(If the drones circling above doesn't convey that feeling, the hovering gunship should). Dying in your livingroom today will not advance your cause tomorrow.

I would not comply. I cannot imagine a world without guns. I don't want to live in a world without guns either

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    sorry didn't look and ain't going to , gave me the willies just reading .:xmad: i say we all move to Arizona they are talking about buying an air craft carrier for when this happens . but seriously how far do you think they would get before people organized and rebelled .
    that depends on how many service members and police would do as they're ordered simply out of fear of repremand or not being better educated on the issue.......the media are experts at twisting facts, it wouldn't take one report to pose half a city as "terrorists" by our governments definition for wanting to change the government

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It is an interesting question and one that cannot really be answered on INGO due to rules. But mostly it is a question that really wants to know:

"Are you serious about 2A or are you just having gun fun?"

Kinda a gun geeks version of "are you a man or a mouse?"

The funny thing is that any answer is unverifiable talk. You cannot know, at least cannot prove, what you would do on that day. Shed blood, bleed out, cave in, live on.

Maybe there is a better question to ask and it is this:

If they did come, and you did live, what would you do the next day?

You see, we are all ready for that day. All it requires is being alive, having firearms, and being put in a bad corner.

But are we ready for the next day? Think about that for a second.

What skills are needed for that day? Sure, most probably flashed to some kind of evade & survival school thoughts. Others though about things we do not talk about on INGO.

But really, really what you need to think about is this:

What are your legal skills?
    What are your legal resources?
    What are your organizing skills?
    What are your alternate media abilities and contacts?
    What are your abilities to communicate with others if you cannot rely on Channel 13 to cover your grievances?

What can you actually do other than shed blood or bleed out?

Those are the better questions. Those are the ones to focus and move on now.

Why?

Because each and every one of those can keep the primary thing that this thread is concerned about from ever happening.

Don't wait in your living room for a knock on the door.

By then it will be far too late.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I would not comply. I cannot imagine a world without guns. I don't want to live in a world without guns either

While admirable, your participation in your cause would end with you on your livingroom floor and your potential threat(why else are "they" coming for all guns) eliminated. The Vietcong/NVA understood this (live another day to participate in furthering their cause or resist a change to their way of life). In considering your question, I envisioned worse case scenerio with the knock on the door with adequate firepower and backup and you penned in with no avenue of retreat. They will have their way with whatever they can find in the house (no warrants necessary if this is what it has become). The premise is that the guns are the target and not your demise. The intent of your demise would be a different situation and be the worst case. The post above discussing due diligence before it gets to the knock on the door is spot on.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    We all joke about the old '' O I lost them in a boating accident '' What are you really going to say when your local police come to to round up your firearms? ( All a theoretical situation )
    When they decide to come to take your guns, there won't be any talking.

Your response will be soley based on the layers of security you have around you and the amount of time you have to react.............and of course the decsions you make.

Confiscation is a fantasy. If it ever started, in even one state, the number of dead Citizens and LEO's would be so vast so quickly that it would stop. They would not have the stomach for it. That is why legislation is the key to gun control, not confiscation.

Top Bottom