• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pillsbury1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Why not banks? You are more likely to get shot at a bank than quite a few places. Its not illegal to carry in a bank.

There was a bank that my wife encountered that she had to show her badge to be let in because her gun set off an alarm that locked her out. If she hadn't been sworn personnel she'd have been denied access.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    There was a bank that my wife encountered that she had to show her badge to be let in because her gun set off an alarm that locked her out. If she hadn't been sworn personnel she'd have been denied access.

Go back out the door (unless they illegally hold customers prisoner by locking both doors), go through the drive through, withdraw all the money, and find a new bank. That would be my solution to such a bank.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    schools, Govt buildings.

(Commie IUPUI won't let me carry, I can't stand it, same as when I see the VA people, I carried under orders, why can't I still carry now)

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I dont carry into the shower thats about it. I carry every single place I go and have one on me most of the time in the house. Thats why I have everything from a Keltec P32 to a browning high power and dan wesson valor.

Guns for all occasions ;)

pillsbury1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Go back out the door (unless they illegally hold customers prisoner by locking both doors), go through the drive through, withdraw all the money, and find a new bank. That would be my solution to such a bank.

My wife was going in to serve a garnishment and civil judgment papers to one of the bank employees. We didn't bank there to begin with, but we definately won't now. :D

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    unfortunately most of the time :( i cant bring a firearm onto my employers property so i cant even have it in my truck. then i go back to school mid august so thats a no go for firearms too.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Anywhere its illegal obviously, banks (I just can't get used to the feeling of walking in with a gun. Concealed or not... it just feels wrong), anytime I have to go into IL, and in the shower. There is just no dignified way to hold a gun while shampooing your hair.

Plus a few random places I encounter in my travels that have the big "NO GUNS ALLOWED" stickers in the windows. I try to avoid them, but its not always possible.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Lame! Like Joe said, I would pull my money so fast...

Plus a few random places I encounter in my travels that have the big "NO GUNS ALLOWED" stickers in the windows. I try to avoid them, but its not always possible.

Linway Theater in Goshen used to have visible signs in the window (if they do now, its not obvious). I always find it funny that the places you want to carry the most are the places that will throw a fit about it. Guess that is all the more reason to avoid them.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    When going to and from work as I work in Illinois now :(

Most other times I carry. For family outings in Indiana I lightly conceal which might be pointless at my cousin's because we always go shooting out back when I'm there. :) For family in Michigan I conceal a bit more deeply as I'm not sure what that side of the family thinks of firearms but I havent been up there often.

I sometimes do not carry when riding my bike as I haven't determined how the city of Hammond views the bike trails which is a problem as a Hammond ordinance does not allow firearms on city parks and park roads.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    When going to and from work as I work in Illinois now :(

Most other times I carry. For family outings in Indiana I lightly conceal which might be pointless at my cousin's because we always go shooting out back when I'm there. :) For family in Michigan I conceal a bit more deeply as I'm not sure what that side of the family thinks of firearms but I havent been up there often.

I sometimes do not carry when riding my bike as I haven't determined how the city of Hammond views the bike trails which is a problem as a Hammond ordinance does not allow firearms on city parks and park roads.

Send a certified letter to the prosecutor and ask. If they say you are okay, you are okay. If you ever have any problems, producing their response should at least provide you with a good defense.

Top Bottom