• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    At work (had to clean out under the seats before going to work today after being off last week).
    When traveling for work (I visit schools as part of work.)
    At church.
    When visiting the in-laws in Illinois.
    At airports.
    My parents' house - my nephew really likes to climb on me.

Oh, yeah, and currently mostly everywhere since my carry gun is broken. Need to ship it to Taurus. The M&P Pro can definitely not be concealed.

I don't carry while at work, I don't carry while at the American Legion, I don't carry while in my parents house.

I can't carry when I travel for work, I go to High Schools.

Makes me wonder what you do for a living, OEF5, and if we've met while doing it...?

I'll ask these super-secret questions to see if we do the same thing: :D
    Have you mastered the art of folding super-large tablecloths?
    Do you know how many different ways there are to misspell "business" or "psychology?"
    Does your job rely on the decision-making skills of 18 year olds?

:):

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    sounds like he could use some education on the subject. Or you could just keep him away from it all together so he develops an over-curiosity about it and does something dangerous when he finally manages to get his hands on one.

I've offerd to take him shooting and teach him gun safety. I know that he needs to know about it since he is curious about guns. So far the only thing he knows about them is what he see when he plays Call of duty. But its up to his mom not me and she says no.

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    Don't usually but the RIGHT to is important.

Actually I usually don't carry at all but it's very important to have the right to when I feel I should such as while travelling or needing to go through certain areas. I don't like the idea of being in some hotel room out of town without a firearm. As far as going about my day to day business, no. One thing I want to mention though is that when I do carry it's concealed.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Actually I usually don't carry at all but it's very important to have the right to when I feel I should such as while travelling or needing to go through certain areas. I don't like the idea of being in some hotel room out of town without a firearm. As far as going about my day to day business, no. One thing I want to mention though is that when I do carry it's concealed.

Feeling omniscient, are we?

"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it"
    From: The Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I usually don't carry inside my apartment, mainly because there is a gun within reach wherever I am there. Otherwise, I pretty much carry whenever I go out my front door. I rarely have business, interest, or desire, that takes me to those places where I can't, like the airport, schools, etc.

broabc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    when visiting the in-laws....no go in Illinois or Iowa. But starting Jan. 1......;)

what exactly happens January 1st? Sorry, I have been a little out of the loop and I am trying to get back in the know on all the rules. :)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    In the shower. (Although I've been accused of it since I bought my first Glock.)
    On Commercial aircraft. (I haven't flown since 9/11)
    In my coffin. (But don't bet on that either.) ;)
    Mike

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I don't carry as much as I should, but I do carry at my parents house since my mom carries a Glock 19 like I do.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Post Office, heart guy in Owensboro (his place is posted), Church (maybe should, it's 10 mi. from town). Other than that if I'm dressed I'm packing.

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    1) I don't carry at work, but as of the 1st of this month, it stays in my vehicle :)
    2) I don't carry to the gym.
    3) I don't carry inside of people's homes that aren't aware of my Constitutional stance, just out of respect for their homes.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Places I don't carry:

1. Inside my office (It stays outside in the truck, I'm armed to / from).
    2. Government facilities that forbid civilian carry. (Less than 10 visits in lifetime and fewer going forward since I'll never need to get married again or apply for another LTCH)
    3. Inside my brother in laws house (it stays in the car) who literally made the statement "Obama is the greatest president this country has ever had.

Not going to bother listing things like "in shower" since we keep our doors locked at all times and have firearms at the ready in multiple locations throughout our house so I consider myself to be "Carrying" whenever I'm in the house, even if it's not attached to my side.

One thing I'm surprised at is people who don't carry while mowing..... I always carry while mowing because personally I see that activity as a prime opportunity by BG's for a driveby or, and more likely, to be attacked by a neighborhood dog.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Used to be church.... but the Ruger LCP I picked up at the gun show on Saturday took care of that. :D

Basically just the places I'm forbidden, including IL, where I work.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm a teacher so I don't carry at school. I don't carry at family get-togethers either.

Depends on the Family get together.

Last weekend at my Uncles house (which I happen to know has multiple pistols, an AK and several shotguns that I would have access to should someone attempt to unwisely crash the private party) I took my carry pistol off and left it in the trunk, however a few weeks ago when I traveled east a bit (not quite to Ohio) for a family reunion at a public park in an economically depressed former factory town, I carried the entire time.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I don't carry in areas where doing so would be breaking the law. I carry everywhere else or have a gun at arms length.

Top Bottom