• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I hate to admit but i still don't have a .22 rifle. I have looked into them and price's but still have no real reason why i have not pulled the trigger (sort of speak) and purchased a .22 rifle. I feel so ashamed now..lol I do believe this will be on the top of my to purchase list in the near future..

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet....

armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    I grew up in a gun free home as well. Dad had a S&W model 19 4'' nickel, but had a bad temper at the time plus I was born therefor he sold it. My first gun I had to buy myself when I turned 18 and had to convince my parents to not kick me out right away, was a Savage model 887. Still got it today!

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I got mine when I was 10 yr old my grandpa and dad bought it for me I even carried it out of the store boy times have changed oh and I still have it 36yrs later shot it last weekend.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    My first gun and .22 was a Marlin Model 25 when I was 14. I still have it to this day. I grew up around guns so they were never taboo to me. I was taught to respect them and to not handle them if I found one.

When my boys got into shooting a couple years ago, I found videos on youtube of people shooting pumpkins and such. I told my boys that that is the same thing that will happen to a person if you mess around with guns. Wide eyed they understood. I constantly make sure I ask at least what the 1st rule is whenever they get a gun out. If you follow the first, the rest will fall in line.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    I was 10 or younger the first time I shot something other than a BB gun. My first .22 was a Remington Mod 514 dad bought at a pawn shop in the early 70's. He said he paid 25 bucks for it back then. Its a 1955 produced gun. As far as safety goes...well it was a different time back then. Basically it was dont point it at anyone or ill bend the barrel in half, go have fun. Of course I had been shooting some with my dad and grandpa before, squirrel hunting and such, so I had some experience. I taught myself some safety when I grabbed dads 1897 pump that he wouldnt let me shoot at that age and took off for the woods. He and mom were gone, it was summer. Yes I knew I wasnt supposed to sneak it out and shoot it....but. Walking down the trail I came across a pile of crap that had flies all over it. Hmmm...I think ill shoot these flies with a 12ga at about a 1 foot distance standing right over the pile. Seemed like a good
    idea to a 10 year old kid. Well after the trigger was pulled my shoulder was hurting I had crap and dirt all over me and in my eyes, my ears were ringing and there was nothing left but a smoking hole in the ground. I never sneaked it out again, but I realized at that point that guns were not toys. Honestly the fear that the shot gun instilled in me that day developed the respect that I should have had all along but didnt until that moment. I still have both guns and every time I shoot the 97 I think back to that time as a kid.

cjeffrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    I shot my first 22 when i was six. I actually got my first 22 when I was 8. It was a bolt action Remington, which I still have to this day.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I didn't have a 22 as a kid, though I shot them occasionally at scout camp.
    My first gun was a 410 Winchester (Model 37A, with the golden trigger!)
    I've picked up a couple of 22s since then.

Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    Thanks for all of the responses! It is great to read the stories of how people grew up and memories of different .22's and how they were taught about guns! It makes me want to get my daughter a .22 rifle she will cherish forever as her first gun.

Top Bottom