When Did Gun Shows Start to Become A Little Bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Shows seemed to turn into flea markets and tacticool stuff around '95.

That too changed around mid 90's IMHO.

I concur. It's Clinton's fault. :D Seriously, I agree. During the first AWB the prices at gun shows started topping what your typical LGS was charging. The only reason I continued to go was for reloading supplies. I quit going about the time Cowboy Action Shooting started taking off and the shows were full of clothes to play dress up with.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    When I first started going to gun shows it was just a bunch of local guys getting rid of the extra junk that everyone accumulates with a gun hobby. Then the LGS found it was a good way to get rid of the hard to sell guns that they take in as trade. Then about the time of the Clinton gun ban they found that if the gun buying frenzy got high enough that people will buy junk at high prices like(WASR10). It has been getting worse ever since & now the Fed's are trying to jump in, to throw a spin on the whole works.
    Every time you find something fun someone takes a dump on it.:poop:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Not much has changed over the last 30 years except the players. The perception of shows going bad or getting worse has been fueled by Internet forums. All the negative people in the world now have a place to go and b*tch about it. :twocents:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Not much has changed over the last 30 years except the players. The perception of shows going bad or getting worse has been fueled by Internet forums. All the negative people in the world now have a place to go and b*tch about it. :twocents:

I agree with this completely. We go on and on about wanting more people to come over to our way of thinking. Guess what, they are coming, and they are starting out at gun shows. If shows are a little more crowded, and prices seem a little higher, well, that's capitalism. Want to know the alternative? If i am moderately inconvenienced every couple of weekends, well, good, because it's more voters in the booths, and I am glad to see them in the aisles.

Anyway, that was a little off-topic, but something to consider.

Top Bottom