• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Okay.... here's one that probably has never been asked on INGO before...

Fred the gun owner dies. He leaves instructions that he be buried with his favorite gun, a 1911 that he carried throughout D-Day and beyond. So, his wife has it holstered and on his hip in the casket, and it is placed in the vault just like that.

Any legal problems?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Upon death, the ownership of the firearm transfers automaticly to next of kin. If she chooses to honor his wishes and places it in his casket before the funeral directors lock the casket closed, then that's for her to do with her property.

110% legal.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Better than the guy I ran into at Walmart a few weeks ago looking for .308 ammo for the small handgun his brother left him when his brother died. Yes I did set him straight.

Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    My parents recently passed away. We as a family would have done everything in our power to do what they wanted. Since the caskets are sealed screwed down and then vaulted I don't think that there would be a problem. Especially, if you aren't telling the whole world that you buried it with them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Upon death, the ownership of the firearm transfers automaticly to next of kin. If she chooses to honor his wishes and places it in his casket before the funeral directors lock the casket closed, then that's for her to do with her property.

110% legal.

Agreed. I mean I suppose we could come up with some crazy scenario where the funeral is in a school or in New York or something, but generally speaking, there is no problem.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Often people think there items are being buried with their loved ones but some of the time the cometary workers are the ones that go home with the goods. I had a buddy that worked summers at the cometary and after the family left they brought the casket back up and would go through the pockets casket and mouth of the deceased. Creepy but true.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps in her younger days, the wife ran an house of ill repute on the side, but closed it because it interfered with her bank robbery habit. Having racked up a long string of felony convictions, she would be an ineligible possessor to inherit the 1911, in which case she, as the executor of the estate, could pass it on to someone else. … Someone who could then place the 1911 in the casket for her. But we're getting well and truly into the realm of fiction here. I mean, who, valuing the firearm as a firearm, would willingly let it be buried?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I owned my uncle $10,000 when he up and died unexpectedly. I felt so bad about never paying him the money that I wrote him a check and placed it in the casket. I felt better afterwards.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Fred dies and a couple of old timer scheisters swoop down and circle the widow until she sells the collection for pennies on the dollar.
    Seen it way too many times, often by the same POS guys.
    Special place in Hades for them, proly at the devil's Taurus repair bench ;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Perhaps in her younger days, the wife ran an house of ill repute on the side, but closed it because it interfered with her bank robbery habit. Having racked up a long string of felony convictions, she would be an ineligible possessor to inherit the 1911, in which case she, as the executor of the estate, could pass it on to someone else. … Someone who could then place the 1911 in the casket for her. But we're getting well and truly into the realm of fiction here. I mean, who, valuing the firearm as a firearm, would willingly let it be buried?

If she can afford to have her late husband's wishes fulfilled, so be it.
    Honor and respect are priceless.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The Indiana LTCH expires upon the death of the licensee. So it would be illegal for the deceased to be in possession.

Or would it be OK since he is in his new residence?

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Fred dies and a couple of old timer scheisters swoop down and circle the widow until she sells the collection for pennies on the dollar.
    Seen it way too many times, often by the same POS guys.
    Special place in Hades for them, proly at the devil's Taurus repair bench ;)

Seriously? C'mon man it is in a vault!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Proximity to this "owner" doesn't translate to access............unless maybe this guy is questioning it........

ZakTravel-300x251.jpg

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    Fred went through D Day with that 1911. He should be buried with it if he wants to, no matter what free American state he lives in. If a politician wants to argue, ask him why he does not speak German.

My grandpa died in the 50's, well before I was even born. He was in the Navy during WWII and had a 1903 Colt from his service. My grandma did not want a gun in the house so she sold it in an auction to a local banker. A few years ago that local banker came to my older brother and gave him the Colt. He was getting older and did not want someone else to get it if he passed away since he knew the history behind the gun. He kept it in pristine condition, just holding it gave me chills.

Top Bottom