• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Snap, I've been known to take sexy gun pics...... just let me know....

Yes, you have, GB. :yesway: I may give you a call on that.

I have the staging stuff; it's just a PITA to get it out and get it set up. One day I'll just get everything out and take individual and "family" pictures. (Especially since I have two new "family" members arriving soon...)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Latest additions

Smith 19 (.357)

19_zps0pcm1ay8.jpg

Smith 17 (.22LR)

17_zpswrir5gyj.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Nice looking 19 Snapdragon, where are you finding these wheel guns??? You seem to post a different one every other month.

And yes I am envious. :D

Mostly Gunbroker. These two came from the same estate auction.

Look for my wheelgun purchases to slow down, at least for now. I've got about everything I want for the time being.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I went to the LGS today just to buy targets before I hit the range... was looking at some stuff on-sale, and well, I accidentally bought my first revolver...

Ft65DAs.jpg

Haven't cleaned it yet but put 50rds through it at the range and like it enough.

I'm taking a gamble on this. First revolver, first Taurus anything... I'm not even for sure what purpose it serves other than just being 'my first revolver'. Fun to shoot, even if I can't hit anything with it yet.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Sadly, the wife's mother passed away last year after a relatively short battle with pancreatic cancer. She was a bit of a packrat, but we knew there was at least one handgun in the house. It took months to find it. But it had friends.

Finally, I found an old alligator hide suitcase in the back of the closet in my wife's grandmother's bedroom. (Grandma passed away 17 years ago.) Inside the suitcase, stored in old socks, were four wheel guns and two semi-autos. The guns were once owned by my wife's grandfather, who has been gone for 30 years. He was briefly with the FBI, and spent most of his career as an enforcer for the IRS in the People's Republic of Cook County, IL.

Here we have a "Lemon Squeezer" in .32 S&W. I've run a few rounds through it, but really don't enjoy shooting this gun. The grips are just too dadgum small.

WP_20141228_005.jpg

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    There was a second S&W revolver in .32. The small grips on this gun are also not a good fit for my paws.

WP_20141228_003.jpg

All four of the revolvers we found are at least 100 years old, which leaves us wondering who the original owners were, whether they were confiscated by my wife's grandfather or passed down by her great-grandfather (a judge in the People's Republic of Cook County), etc., etc.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    072_zpsoh1ahvpl.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Just picked this up from Bradis today. Been hunting for this model since I sold my LCR. S&W 640 Pro Series .357. In my opinion the nicest looking J-frame in current production. Added some Silver and Black laminate grips from Altamont. Yes, I ordered the grips before I even had the gun out of layaway. The factory rubber just doesn't look right on it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    072_zpsoh1ahvpl.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Just picked this up from Bradis today. Been hunting for this model since I sold my LCR. S&W 640 Pro Series .357. In my opinion the nicest looking J-frame in current production. Added some Silver and Black laminate grips from Altamont. Yes, I ordered the grips before I even had the gun out of layaway. The factory rubber just doesn't look right on it.

Love the silverwood grips. I have some on my model 10 snubby.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Put about 100 rounds through my new 640 Pro between yesterday and today. And I learned 2 things. 1) I need to practice with a DAO revolver and 2) I must not be recoil sensitive because and 50 rounds of what I shot were a couple different brands of .357 magnum and my hands feel fine. I've always heard how bad J-frames hurt to shoot full house loads but I didn't find it any more painful than a subcompact 45 and just about as hard to keep on target. Love the pistol though.

Top Bottom