What's your prefered 10-22 stock and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got a all weather 10-22 and when I first bought it I put a black hogue stock on it for the standard weight barrel because it's much more comfortable than the factory stock and it made it my own. I just switched it back to the factory stock tonight because the plastic let the mags drop easier than the hogue rubber does. I'd still like to put some kind of a different stock on the gun, I just don't know what yet.

I don't shoot my 10-22 much at all so I'm not in any big hurry, but I was thinking about a side folding stock. I'm just curious about what other people like and why. No wrong answers here.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I have a Butler Creek side folder and love it. Has the same LOP as the original stock. I had the same problem with mag not wanting to drop out. Nothing a little finesse work with some sand paper wont fix. I find that I have more room to really get down in line with the sites with the Butler Creek. Also like the feel of the pistol grip.
    blackberry440.jpg

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    I like the Hogue OM series stocks. Feels good to me, and I like the way they look. You may want to sand or trim out around where the magazine inserts so it will drop free. I have 2 and I think they are cool.....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a Butler Creek side folder and love it. Has the same LOP as the original stock. I had the same problem with mag not wanting to drop out. Nothing a little finesse work with some sand paper wont fix. I find that I have more room to really get down in line with the sites with the Butler Creek. Also like the feel of the pistol grip.
    blackberry440.jpg

I have the same stock and really like it. I do not have problems with the mags droping out of mine.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have owned folding stocks on a number of firearms and never really cared for them.

Really depends on the end purpose of the rifle. One 10/22 is set up primarily for target work with a 8X24 power scope. It has a stainless .920 barrel on it and a laminated stock making this a heavy package. As this was set up for paper punching the heavy stock adds stability.

1022.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum was this 10/22 built with light weight in mind, I can shoot this offhand like a pistol. Boyd Stock and lightweight Tactical Solutions barrel.

boyd1022.jpg

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    I like the fixed pistol grip or folders offered by Choate. They are durable, light, and last forever. Look good too.

Avi8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Deep South
    I have the Tapco T-6 on mine. Not bad for $60-70 and adjustable. Had the same problem with the factory mags not dropping out. Sandpaper cleared that right up.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have the Tapco T-6 on mine. Not bad for $60-70 and adjustable. Had the same problem with the factory mags not dropping out. Sandpaper cleared that right up.

I've been thinking about a tapco too. I like being able to make a 10-22 compact with a folding stock, but then shooting it won't be as comfortable. The Tapco seems like a good deal too, but I've read that you can't use your iron sights with that setup.

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    I've been thinking about a tapco too. I like being able to make a 10-22 compact with a folding stock, but then shooting it won't be as comfortable. The Tapco seems like a good deal too, but I've read that you can't use your iron sights with that setup.

Look into the choate forlder. Unlike the Tapco, you can easily remove the gun from the stock without removing a bunch of screws. Far superior to the Butler creek folder in my opinion. Midway I think has them.

BlisterPac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I purchased one that already had an ATI side folder with pistol grip and adjustable stock. I'm pleased with it so far.

sajnaj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    bfe rockville in
    i just run the stock wood stock it is going to get beat up why spend the money on a stock that is just going to be mistreated. i use my 10/22 and i run them hard and the stocks tend to show it but i am thinking about redoing my wood stock with a darker stain.

john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    definatly the hogue black stock. It does take a little modification so the mags don't stick but after that I don't have to worry about the weather affecting the wood or the stock getting slick in the rain.

Top Bottom