What's your opinion on the magpul m lok hand guards?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I have not M Lokked anything on them...yet. I did purchase the MOE sl handguards with the intention of attaching an AFG. After I installed, I liked the way it felt sans AFG.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really like them. I'm using the Zhukov forearm on an AK, and attached the handstop kit, qd sling mount, tape switch mounting plate, and a rail section for my light. So far, so good.

Smoker9000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Logansport
    Their good. It's a great low cost upgrade. Far better than mil spec handgaurds not as good as a quality key mod rail but they don'the cost near as much.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    There are some really nice handguards using M LOK these days, not just the magpul stuff. But for the price point, if it were between mil plastic and magpul, I'd go with the magpul.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I just put the MI G3 lightweight M-lok on my newest build and I really like it. I actually bought the "lightweight" version by accident, but I don't mind it at all! For reference I like it in my hand better then my Troy Alpha and I'm a fan of the M-lok system! Only complaint, can't fit a suppressor under it, but MI is working on a new one I guess. It's also my first rifle length hand guard (15"). Weight and feel are awesome.

I think MI is really stepping up their game. I've always avoided them in the past, but I do like this hand guard!

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I really like MLOK and where it's going (Kinetic Development Group especially). MagPul makes great stuff.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Their good. It's a great low cost upgrade. Far better than mil spec handgaurds not as good as a quality key mod rail but they don'the cost near as much.

Just curious, why do you think that? I'll admit that I only have one setup that uses M-Lok and one that is Keymod, but I kind of think I prefer the M-LOK. If for no other reason than all of the cool stuff that Magpul has came out for them.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I prefer M-lok over keymod. It looks better to me, and support is taking off. I have M-lok rails from Fortis and Midwest Industries, and I think they are great. My attachments have been rock solid. When beating on my duty gun, I actually broke my light that was mounted to a Magpul polymer rail section. The rail section held up great, light not so much.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally love keymod! However, I do hear good things about m lok.
    A friend of mine somewhat "in the know" says that guys using some gear pretty seriously if not using a quad/picatinny have kind of gone m lok over keymod lately. I guess that's because when stuff gets banged hard into walls and other things it has a greater tendency to back out/fall off the rifle where that wouldn't happen with the mlok. I personally am not worried about it and I don't think I'll ever run my rifle/whats mounted to it into something so hard where I'll push whatever I have mounted on it back and maybe out... Just thought I'd share what I was told though!

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have never used keymod. I do really like Magpul's MLOK handguards though. They look great, feel good in hand, and the MLOK system is really easy to use and seems pretty sturdy. Of course, I'm not banging it on stuff...much...right now.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have owned picatinny handguards. I have several keymod handguards. I have one Magpul SL M-Lok handguard. They all work, and they work best when all of the components are well made. I would choose a LaRue pic mount over a Pro Mag keymod or M-Lok. I would choose an IWC keymod or M-lok mount over a UTG pic rail. Chains, weak links, and such...

Top Bottom