• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    What do you guys prefer to hunt tree rats with? Or the last several years i had carried my bull barreled savage 93r17 in 17hmr and just sniped em out along field edges. That is until last season when i wanted to go out one day but was out of ammo with none at the local sshop to buy. So i just grabbed my fiances little h&r 410 youth model and a pocket full of shells. All i can say is my 17 has been a safe queen ever since. That little 410 is so much nicer to carry and doesnt destroy meat like my 17 did. Now im slowly building a little collectiin of cheap single shots. I had always overlooked them due to the fact of them being so plain and simple but now its that fact that keeps drawing me too them

Reid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a Savage 93 .17hmr... But I have always taken my 10/22, it does get a little heavy after walkin through the woods for a while. If you are taking long distance shots, the .17 may be the ticket. I am just not a fan of squirrel hunting with a shotgun... So I may be biased.

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    I actually dont even own a 22 anymore. I sold all of em a few years ago. The way i saw it was yeah it may be the most common round with ammo redilly available but in a ammo shortage it would be the first to get bought up. Boy was i right lol.

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    :DUntil last year, my favorite was my Marlin 39a. Last Feb., I aquired a little H&R Sportster .22 rimfire. I had more fun with that little gun, than anything else I've ever hunted "limb chickens" with.

Picture012-1.jpg

squirrelhunting.jpg

Matter of fact, I just took the stock to a guy to have it camo dipped, so it'd be purttied up for next season! :D

Mad Dog

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    Those little sportsters are a great little gun as well. Ive been wondereing how a light loaded 22 hornet would do for squirrel

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    Not sure, but I'd say that a hornet[even light loaded] is gonna tear them up pretty good. But you will never know til you try it!

Mad Dog

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    A sub sonic hornet in theory shouldnt be any different than a subsonic 22lr. Same diameter,weight and speed should cause the same amount ouf damage

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    First choice is my .36 caliber flintlock Pennsylvania long rifle followed up by my 4" Taurus 94 .22 revolver.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Another Marlin 60 tree rat hunter. Mines got a nice camo sling on it so I dont have lug it around as much. They are spooky accurate with iron sights. Tried putting a scope on mine and it just wasnt the same. Its a lot more fun to get them with iron sights.

I also have my grandpas Winchester model 67 single shot .22 short/long. It is also very accurate.

Top Bottom