• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll echo what others have already said about Nathan's and Hebrew National, I like both. I wasn't aware that Boar's Head made hot gogs, I'll have to give those a try. Their deli meats are the best, hands down.
    mmmm...Hot gogs...yummy! :D

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hebrew National used to be located right in Indianapolis, it was in the old Rath Meat Packing plant right off of South West street on W. Ray. Back when I worked in the shipping dept at Rath Meat Packing, right out of HS, and I loved to microwave free hotdogs for lunch.

Eckrich cheese dogs are my favorite, but Miejers has stopped carrying them so I'm now eating:

hd-products_selects-premium_package.jpg

For some reason there are a lot of all beef hot dogs that I do not like the taste of.

I enjoy them grilled, but I'll also break out the steamer to have a good steamed dog from time to time, and I even have one of "The roller of deaths" to get that movie theater taste from time to time.

Dogs and Burgers can't be beat!

Loar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'll put in a plug for our hometown (Indianapolis) King David Hot Dogs. They're available at their downtown location, at Joe's Butcher Shop in Carmel, and maybe other places.

Here's a link to King David Dogs

Last edited:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Our schools here have a program called "Market Day" where we do a lot of our meat shopping for far less $ than we'd spend at the local grocery store. They carry a hotdog called "Kosher Chicago Deli Style Hotdogs". They are the best hotdogs we've ever tasted, bar none! They're all beef, have a firm skin that almost snaps when you bite into it, are far thicker and jucier than any you'll find in the store, and have a taste that's divine. Plus they're Kosher, so the makers (to borrow from a similar commercial) have to answer to a "Higher Authority". LOL We found these hotdogs several years ago, and have been buying them practically in bulk since then. They're great boiled, nuked, and especially BBQ'd. I really do buy about 20 boxes of them at the end of the school year, enough to last us all the way thru the summer. They come 18 to a box, and I buy at least 15 to 20 boxes. It's nothing for me to BBQ something, and then throw them on the grill while the coals are still hot enough to cook them to perfection. We eat them as meals, snacks, (cold even is good) fill ins in case we're in a rush for something to eat that's yummy, or in a special mixture of mine, Bush's Southwestern style Baked Beans, at least 6 hotdogs, a jar of Pace (hot, medium or mild, depending on how you like it) sliced Peppercini Peppers, (or Banana Peppers as they're sometimes called) and of course (it wouldn't be right without it) thick style BACON, sizzled to perfection. It's a great side dish, feel free to try it if you'd like, I don't have a copyright on the recipe, altho I did invent it in a creative mood one night. But as hotdogs go, these dogs are the best you'll ever find. And being in IN, check with your local Elementary School to see if they participate in Market Day, they have BACON wrapped filet of Sirloin of Beef as well, so tender it'll melt in your mouth. All I can add is, enjoy! You won't know the perfect hotdog until you've tried one of these masterpieces.
    "May the light at the end of your tunnel, be always one of hope!"
    7th Stepper.....
    PS:To all the instructors who attended the Appleseed Boot Camp and were so gracious about the potato salad I whipped up, you're more than welcome! There's more where that came from! I'm more than happy to share any recipes I have, esp the ones with BACON! :)

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Im a big fan of ball parks on the grill or something similar. Beef hot dogs are better in the microwave though or boiled. For some reason i hate nathans on the grill. but love them cooked any other way.

Top Bottom