• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    My AR gets torn down after every outing and the BCG is scrubbed with Kroil, wiped clean, then gets a coat of CLP. Kroil is good for degreasing parts also. Watch Midway USA they periodically have it on special.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    Hoppes #9 is a classic. Nothing brings back fond memories of shooting like Hoppes #9! So, if you want to get your gun clean, open up a bottle of Hoppes #9 for the pleasant smell and use a bottle of Shooters Choice for a clean bore!

Dave_H.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Butch's Bore Shine mostly. I've used Sweets some over the years, but Butch's is generally what I grab. I keep a lot of Kroil on hand also.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I recently starting using Strike Hold , I ran a soaked patch through after the hoppes # 9 cleaning & this stuff took more stuff out after the #9 solvent.This product also leaves a protective coating .Check out their booth at the next 1500(I really dont have any affiliation with this company)

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    For what its worth my dad worked for United and they used kroil on the planes. We use it on the cars and it works amazing. However, I have never used it on my firearms so I cannot give you a review on that though. I have used breakfree and hoppes, there was an article on bore cleaning/break-in in the American Riflemen this month.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Switched from Hoppe's to Bore Tech Eliminator. There are so many good cleaning products out there, but this is the one I like...
    eliminator_large.jpg

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Shooter's Choice

I am pretty happy with Shooter's Choice. I was told to clean a gun with Hoppe's as I normally would and then with SC. I was AMAZED at how much more gunk I got out of the barrel using SC that I thought was clean after using Hoppe's. Give it a try.

Top Bottom