• EDC Caliber

• Total voters

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just plain ole 9mm. First gun was a GLOCK 19 on my 21st birthday. With ammunition being considerably less expensive than 40 SW or 45 ACP I was able to shoot early and shoot often and become really comfortable with my gun. I could also put follow-up shots on target quickly and wasn't immediately intimidated as a first-time gun owner by the "stout" recoil of a 45 ACP round. I think 9mm is a great way to go for a first gun for a lot of people. I'd currently love to have a GLOCK 23, but I'd say loan payments need to come before other guns.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My first gun was a 44 lever rifle...I had no idea what I was getting myself in to. I ended up trading it for a Walther PK380, which was more suitable for learning on!

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    .40 S&W, Glock 23. Love it. fits like a glove.

I also carry .380 in a Ruger LCP.

i switch between the two depending on attire or wear i'm going, and sometimes carry both at the same time.

i went with .40 purely for personal choice. and then the LCP obviously for extreme concealability

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    .45 in a Glock 36. I got hooked on 1911's a while back and bought G36 for a "truck" gun when I go out west. I haven't picked up the 1911 in a while except to show it off. (Dan Wesson CBOB)

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    .357 Sig in a Glock 32. Best carry cartridge on the market!

125 gr. bullet doing 1450 out of 4 in. barrel is as good as it gets. It will go through hard barriers with ease but still expands and doesn't over penetrate in soft targets. Shoots like a laser out to 100 yards, and still hits with the same Ballistics as a 9mm luger at point blank. All that performance with a small frame grip and still less recoil then the .40 s&w. Why choose anything else?!

Top Bottom