whenyouseeit_zps10b8b738.jpg

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    *sigh*

The avatar mentioned above, as the guy explained, was taken with a camera mounted on a tripod. No one was holding the camera.

This picture - no big deal.

Prove to me that there's a round under the firing pin. Prove to me the hammer's back. Prove to me that the picture taker was directly opposite the camera.

Good grief, people.

And I thought *I* was wound tight.

-J-

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hard to imaging how most of you all watch any TV or movies.

OMG - there's a gun pointed at me on the screen! How dare they violate a sacred rule of Cooper's for the sake of taking a (moving) picture!

Sheesh, folks. I
    It's a photo.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    As if Cooper's 4 rules are the be-all, end-all.

They really should be thought of as "great guidelines" rather than "rules".

If breaking one of those 4 rules resulted in instant death - there wouldn't be anyone on INGO.

Seriously, people - common sense on BOTH sides of this issue - is prudent.

Guidelines..... Are you serious. :ugh:

Are Speed Limits laws or guidelines????
    If I'm doing 80 mph on the Interstate it doesn't mean that I will instantly crash but my chances of an accident increase as my speed increases. Surviving an accident also decreases as my speed increases.
    I'm sure the State Trooper will let me go when I tell him I thought 70 was just a Guideline and not a law.

Nobody has ever been hurt following Cooper's four rules but a lot have for not following them.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    *sigh*

The avatar mentioned above, as the guy explained, was taken with a camera mounted on a tripod. No one was holding the camera.

This picture - no big deal.

Prove to me that there's a round under the firing pin. Prove to me the hammer's back. Prove to me that the picture taker was directly opposite the camera.

Good grief, people.

And I thought *I* was wound tight.

-J-

Are you the only one defending this because it's your Armslist post????? :boxing: waaa2

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Pretty sure I flinched. I know I did last night when I had an AR pointed at my head at Gander Mtn. Guy was taking it off the upper rack, don't think he even realized where the muzzle was.

I had a 12 gauge pointed at my head at MC Sports by a kid (maybe 16) that was looking at it after the salesman handed it to him. Gave me quite a start, and I was shaken up and on edge the rest of the time I was there. :(

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Guidelines..... Are you serious. :ugh:

Are Speed Limits laws or guidelines????
    If I'm doing 80 mph on the Interstate it doesn't mean that I will instantly crash but my chances of an accident increase as my speed increases. Surviving an accident also decreases as my speed increases.
    I'm sure the State Trooper will let me go when I tell him I thought 70 was just a Guideline and not a law.

Nobody has ever been hurt following Cooper's four rules but a lot have for not following them.

Yep. Serious.

Show me where Cooper's Holy Grail of 4 rules are codified into law.

Also - as I'm sure you know - if you manage to break one of the rules, obeying the other three will keep you (and others) safe.

It's a freaking picture, people. On the Internet.

Those of you flinching or ducking due to a picture you're viewing online - need help. Or else you'd better also do the same thing with every single TV show and/or movie involving firearms that you watch from now until eternity.

It's a PICTURE. On the INTERNET.

Also - if Cooper's Rules are meant for everyone all the time - under zero circumstances should they ever be broken - then there's a whole heck of a lot of LE and Mil training that just went right out the window.

I sand by it. Cooper's 4 Rules are extremely good guidelines. They ARE NOT THE BE ALL, DO ALL, END ALL of firearms safety.

Sheesh people.

-J-

And no, for the record, it ain't my gun or my Armslist add. I've never owned one of those nor do I plan to. I also don't know the owner/poster of said add (at least I don't think I do)

Top Bottom