• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Give him a break he could be disabled and working for the ATF. They probably promised him lots of candy.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    *sigh*

The avatar mentioned above, as the guy explained, was taken with a camera mounted on a tripod. No one was holding the camera.

This picture - no big deal.

Prove to me that there's a round under the firing pin. Prove to me the hammer's back. Prove to me that the picture taker was directly opposite the camera.

Good grief, people.

And I thought *I* was wound tight.

-J-

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    There is much speculation here. Do we know for a fact if one of the four rules was broken? Could he have taken a picture with his iPhone and never had it pointed at anyone?

kehrhit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is much speculation here. Do we know for a fact if one of the four rules was broken? Could he have taken a picture with his iPhone and never had it pointed at anyone?

You are right, we can't know if his head was in the firing line directly, but we can say he is handling a weapon improperly that he absolutely knows to be loaded. As soon as it was out of it's holster he should have unloaded it prior to taking pictures. I would say he is not demonstrating proper respect of his firearm. This is how accidents happen.

I once had a guy pull a pistol out of a case and cover me and my buddy with it ... literally had the muzzle pointed right at us ... I told him that made me uncomfortable. It didn't have a trigger lock on it and I had no way of knowing the state of the pistol. His response was "Don't worry, it's not loaded." ... yeah, how many times have we heard that one end badly. Needless to say, I've not been back to that establishment.

kehrhit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wow, just wow...i kept re-reading his post trying to find what was wrong, and then i scrolled down :nono:

Did anybody else flinch when they saw the picture? I wasn't expecting it and i think my body was trying to get out me of the line of fire :):

Same here ... my body physically recoiled at the sight of the 3rd picture....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So I clicked the linked....
    Nothing wrong here, no ALL CAPS, seems legit...
    ...nice picture...
    ...another nice pictu...

WHOA!!!!

:n00b:

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Was in a pawn shop when a guy walked in carrying a rifle, he was carrying it horizontally so when he walked in it pretty much covered everyone in the store. He handed it to the clerk, and the first thing the clerk did was to open the bolt, discovering a round in the chamber and no safety on, in addition to a full mag. I think it was a .308.
    Stupidity knows no bounds.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    *sigh*

The avatar mentioned above, as the guy explained, was taken with a camera mounted on a tripod. No one was holding the camera.

This picture - no big deal.

Prove to me that there's a round under the firing pin. Prove to me the hammer's back. Prove to me that the picture taker was directly opposite the camera.

Good grief, people.

And I thought *I* was wound tight.

-J-

Rule #2 according to Mr Jeff Cooper is NEVER let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. He needed the picture to post the listing so therefore he did NOT want to destroy the camera. Your honor I rest my case.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As if Cooper's 4 rules are the be-all, end-all.

They really should be thought of as "great guidelines" rather than "rules".

If breaking one of those 4 rules resulted in instant death - there wouldn't be anyone on INGO.

Seriously, people - common sense on BOTH sides of this issue - is prudent.

Top Bottom