• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    First off I dont have the money for the vet and Im trying to get it together so I will ask here in the mean time. My cat is normally real fat loves to eat and is constantly wanting my attention. But here lately he hasn't been eating, just lays around, wont close his eyes even while asleep, and smells like dead fish. He is also drooling blowing snot bubble with his nose and has lost a ton weight. His meow is also gone. Anyone know what is wrong? I know i sound like the eharmony cat lady but he is my buddy and Im worried.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I am waiting on some money from some work i did which will be enough to get him in to the vet. He is acting a little bit better than he was last night his eyes are not as glassy and he is starting to purr again. We were also able to get him to eat a little bit right after my original post.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I am waiting on some money from some work i did which will be enough to get him in to the vet. He is acting a little bit better than he was last night his eyes are not as glassy and he is starting to purr again. We were also able to get him to eat a little bit right after my original post.

Stop waiting. Your cat could die while you're waiting. Call all the vets around you and ask about payment plans. Your cat needs a vet now, not when you get paid.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Oops typed on my phone and got the double post. been talkin to the vet for a while now and they are talkin us through some things to d. and talking about payments.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It's a cat. They're replaceable. Good luck with it. If it costs more than a pair of tennis shoes to fix or it keeps you from feeding your kid and you pay to have the cat repaired, your priorities need rearranging.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree with the others that said get it to a vet. Mine had the same symptoms and it turned out to be kidney failure. When they stop eating and drinking it's not good.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    It's a cat. They're replaceable. Good luck with it. If it costs more than a pair of tennis shoes to fix or it keeps you from feeding your kid and you pay to have the cat repaired, your priorities need rearranging.

Perhaps with that kind of outlook on pets you should have kept your opinion to yourself. Just because you're so callous with a pets life doesn't mean everyone should be. I've got upwards of $2k in vet bills for one of my cats alone. I wouldn't hesitate to spend that or more if something major came up with my cats or dogs.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I pay more in vaccinations in a year than I do on footwear. I am a woman and I love my shoes, if that tells you anything.
    each pet I have, has it's own personality. They can not be replaced, just as my children can't be replaced.

do the world a favor, don't ever adopt a pet

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    You need to take your cat to the vet. Sell a pint of plasma if you have to.

:+1::+1::+1:
    Git'is cat ta the vet ASAP.......don't sound like ya got much time ta wait.....:twocents:

:noway:......Git'a life........ain't got cat(s), but dogs.......they come b'fore ANYthin'......even ME......an' I'd do prison time over each an' ever 1 of'em......:whistle:

If any gawd-fersaken post ever d'served bad rep......this'n does......I hope they fill ya up........

Top Bottom