• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    I think they are a fine choice for personal protection no matter what sex you are. Not only do you get to shoot someone with it if used in self defense, you have the pleasure of knowing most people would be embarrassed to die by one.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I've noticed the ladies either love pink or hate it. there seems to be no middle ground. BTW I have 2 Pink digital cammo Walther P22's on the way to the shop. They should be on display by Friday. The only other pink guns we sell are the Charter Pink Lady and the Keystone Crickett.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I have a friend who survived breast cancer and her husband bought her a pink gun to celebrate.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've gotta ask, what's with the pink guns? I assume they sell, because they make 'em. But one would think there would be firearms targeting (no pun intended) women with more, *ahem*, mature taste. I can understand some people might go for the kitschy Hello Kitty look, but why are the gun makers stuck between the "normal" market and the 14-year-old schoolgirl market? Are women stuck between choosing a "normal" gun if they are serious shooters, or choosing a pink gun if they want to make the firearm less intimidating, or to make a statement on the range?

I am too afraid to ask these questions in person out of sheer politeness. (Somehow it feels like asking do you prefer bras that unclasp in the front or in the back?)

Da Bing, curious as hell, ladies

What, you have a problem with the folks in San Fran buying guns? ;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Personally I like the colors, I with there were more guy's guns in other colors than black.

Traditional colors for men's guns:
    • Blue steel (mat or polish)
    • Stainless steel (satin or polish)
    • Nickel (generally high polish)
    • Two-Tone combinations of "blue" and "stainless"
    • OD Green
    • Desert Tan
    • Black
    • Two-Tone combinations of "black" and "Desert Tan" or "OD Green"

And then there is DURACOAT and all its choices. If you want a gun in a non-traditional color, you have options.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    I have a pink zebra striped glock because I like to be different and it looks awesome. We want our purses, bags, clothing to have a sense of style so why not our guns. I get a ton of compliments on my gun and love it and love shooting it.

marinemom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Columbus
    Pink is not my personal choice, but if they will shoot 'em. who cares what color it is? What ticks me off is that some of the men selling these pink guns automatically assume that is what I want. I do have to say someone is very smart because a lot of women seem to like pink :)

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    ^Agreed. It's just part of someones style. Women walk around with giant bedazzled jangly purses, so a bedazzled gun is understandable...I guess. OK maybe it makes me cringe a little. But no judgement! I just don't care much for purses. I prefer pockets. And sneakers.

Just today some girl was ordering a pink gun of some sort as I was leaving the range at a LGS.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Personally, I love pink, but I also live in a household of men so I have to "mark my territory" somehow! I didn't buy a pink gun, but I was told that I can personalize it any which way I desire, which may or may not include some kind of Hello Kitty paraphernalia...!

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Everyone has their own opinion and their own likes/dislikes, but I don't think pink guns should exist. Honestly anything other than the traditional shades shouldn't exist. Although, if you want to make your gun look like a toy, you might as well pick something dinky like pink. ;)

recon72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    On that subject DPMS is coming out with a pink AR and will donate $100 per sale to the breast cancer foundation.

j.swartz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    South Bend
    I personally would never own a pink gun. Perhaps if someone close to me developed breast cancer then a very slight chance of maybe I'd get one. It'd have to be a pretty important woman though. I will say this, if there were more colors than just pink and purple on the market I'm sure we would warm up to the idea of non-traditional colored firearms. My girlfriend wants a purple revolver but wants to Cerakote it so it has a custom color of her choosing rather than a factory color for her own gun.

Everyone has their own opinion and their own likes/dislikes, but I don't think pink guns should exist. Honestly anything other than the traditional shades shouldn't exist. Although, if you want to make your gun look like a toy, you might as well pick something dinky like pink. ;)

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Never gave it much thought. A gun is a gun is a gun. Color is a matter of personal choice. As long as it functions and is there when needed it could have candy stripes on it for all I care.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Really? What else do you want to control?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Honestly anything other than the traditional shades shouldn't exist. Although, if you want to make your gun look like a toy, you might as well pick something dinky like pink. ;)

Suck it. :)

IMG_0087.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks! Me, too!!
    (You should see the other side ;) )

I think I saw it in another thread. Maybe not. You can't just leave me hanging.

All my guns are black.
    Except the new rosewood grip on my model 19. Its for when I wear something other than jeans. Was a big hit OCing at repeter and silver's wedding. Someone mentioned "I thought you had a black S&W?" I told them black guns are for work. But this was for dress up.

But I'm jealous now. No name engraved in mine. Now I have to keep up with the Jones

Top Bottom