• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have to go with a shovelhead or Panhead Harley on points with the timing turned down just a little so you get that slow thump, just like the old John deer's... Nothing better !!!

Even better, a Shovelhead with 11 1/2 to 1s ,.,.,., a Joe hunt magneto and lake fuel injection.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Rolls-Royce Merlin.

The true sound of freedom.

Yes sir, P51 Mustang was my first thought.

[video=youtube;wdy17GmkpWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdy17GmkpWc[/video]

I see now this video was already linked, but here it is again.

Look good
    Feel good
    Play good and sound awesome

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I love the sound of the older 5.0 Mustangs, they sound great.

And as a Mopar guy, a 383 or 440 with Flowmasters is hard to beat.

When I lived in Alabama (Prior to 2002) One of the business I owned was a Custom Exhaust Shop. All the Hot Rod guys in town would bring their fresh builds to me after they were complete for a custom exhaust. I have so many that sounded great. It really depended on the engine work matched with the exhaust combo to get the best sound. Some took my advice and some didn't.

One of the best memories was when a County Deputy brought in his cruiser and said "The sheriff wants you to remove the Catalytic converters and put in test pipes to see if that fixes the bogging down problem they were having." I told him "that against the law man"

He said the Sheriff said to just put in test pipes :wink: I told him I would do it but I got a get out of jail free card. I cut out the converters and put in "test pipes" Two day later he came back and said the Sheriff now wanted mufflers because it had a wooshy sound. Yes he called it a wooshy sound. I put a set of Turbo-Flo mufflers on it and that was one of the best sounding cars in town. That Crown Vic had a Police Intercepter motor in it.

The city cops were jealous and wanted me to fix theirs too but the Chief would sign off on it. I had a 73 Z28 with big block, 68 Camaro with small block and my drag car was a tube chassis 64 Nova with small block. I miss that small town of about 1,800 people. Did a hole shot leaving the gas station in the Z28 and one of the city cops lit up his lights and followed me home which was only a couple blocks away. Once he knew it was me he turned off his lights and said open the hood and let me see what you have done to the motor cause it sounded good to him. Thats when he hit me up to change the exhaust on his cruiser.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Wow that first V-8 sounded awesome! Amazing the sound between it and some of the inline race engines. Part of that awesome sound on the tracks was likely from those intake horns.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The motor in The Beast of Turin is a 4 cylinder. 28 liter 4 cylinder. Twenty eight liters!! Over 1700 cubic inches. We had a thread on it a while back.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The motor in The Beast of Turin is a 4 cylinder. 28 liter 4 cylinder. Twenty eight liters!! Over 1700 cubic inches. We had a thread on it a while back.

Yeah, I remember that thread. Very cool to see the car on the road. I'm guessing they'll put the extended header pipe on it before they run it again. I bet it smooths out some of that wild combustion, not to mention keeps the smoke and flames from going right back in the driver and passenger's face!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    if it's not an old school big block mopar with flowmasters, then it's got to be the 707 HP Hellcat. They do sounds AMAZING!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I lived in Alabama (Prior to 2002) One of the business I owned was a Custom Exhaust Shop. All the Hot Rod guys in town would bring their fresh builds to me after they were complete for a custom exhaust. I have so many that sounded great. It really depended on the engine work matched with the exhaust combo to get the best sound. Some took my advice and some didn't.

One of the best memories was when a County Deputy brought in his cruiser and said "The sheriff wants you to remove the Catalytic converters and put in test pipes to see if that fixes the bogging down problem they were having." I told him "that against the law man"

He said the Sheriff said to just put in test pipes :wink: I told him I would do it but I got a get out of jail free card. I cut out the converters and put in "test pipes" Two day later he came back and said the Sheriff now wanted mufflers because it had a wooshy sound. Yes he called it a wooshy sound. I put a set of Turbo-Flo mufflers on it and that was one of the best sounding cars in town. That Crown Vic had a Police Intercepter motor in it.

The city cops were jealous and wanted me to fix theirs too but the Chief would sign off on it. I had a 73 Z28 with big block, 68 Camaro with small block and my drag car was a tube chassis 64 Nova with small block. I miss that small town of about 1,800 people. Did a hole shot leaving the gas station in the Z28 and one of the city cops lit up his lights and followed me home which was only a couple blocks away. Once he knew it was me he turned off his lights and said open the hood and let me see what you have done to the motor cause it sounded good to him. Thats when he hit me up to change the exhaust on his cruiser.

Living in Connersville mid 70's and street/strip racing was king. My sponsor owned the Amaco station on the south east corner of town and with my help he did a lot of performance work.
    3 of the local cruisers were cammed up/manifold, carb/ignition and exhaust from that shop. They would haul the mail.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    if it's not an old school big block mopar with flowmasters, then it's got to be the 707 HP Hellcat. They do sounds AMAZING!
    I saw one the other day.. Yes sounded awesome.. Some fella setting at the gas station.. Not quite as good as the Geo metro, but close:rolleyes:.... Yeah

Top Bottom