What's on your "Get it while you can" list"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'm not worried about another AWB or the like anytime soon.
    I'm worried more about the acting or new Director of atf changing the regulations or the cost to process a form 1 or 4.

$200 was a lot of money in 1934. It was a way to keep people from buying/having NFA items .

NFA items are becoming more and more popular because people can afford to transfer them again.

Thoughts?

I wonder how many per 86 machine guns there are in circulation and when the # of SBR will pass it? If it will pass it?

+1 this.
    $200 in 1934 would be [SIZE=+1]$3171.13 if adjusted for inflation. [/SIZE]
    can you imagine $3200 stamp tax on a $800 can? Ouch!

sloaba01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm keeping it simple and just stocking up on different magazines over 10rnds. I figure if they only ban the magazines, then I can buy the firearm later as long as I already have the magazines for them. :)

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Got a Saiga 12 arriving today. What prompted me to buy wasn't the ATF "study committee," but the reports of production problems at Izmash. After that, it's ammo and training. Well, and maybe a suppressor or two....

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I have been trading up on my battery for years. I now have what I think I will need in a "TIC" (Temporary Interruption of Civilization). I lean toward GLocks and AKs since they are robust and I have everything I need to keep them running through my lifetime and probably my kids'. I have .223 weapons also. I may pick up ammo on sale or extra mags for the right price, but I feel pretty good about my stash. Weapons- wise, the only thing I NEED are suppressors and the means to keep them up to snuff. I will remedy that in the next year or two.

I put some $ into preps like food and skills, but mostly I am consolidating any wealth I can, educating my kids without going into debt and looking at land to buy as it is getting to be a great deal in certain areas.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    AND...on the subject of affordability or NFA items.
    True, in 1934 $200 was a lot of money to register a subgun.
    When I was in my early 20's it was still $200.00 for the stamp and I could buy a really nice Walther MPk for $300.00. $500 for a great sub gun!
    Now I can still only pay $200 for the stamp, but a POS MAC full auto is thousands of $. I should have bought one MPk per month back then.

custom2006

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    La Porte
    Unfortunately with all the talk about gun control laws I think that the writing is on the wall that something will be coming our way sooner or later. After the last ban expired I promised myself that I'd keep a current list of items to buy just in case they tried to ban guns and accessories again.

What's on your list of items to go out and buy if they start getting serious about more gun control measures?

AR's?
    AK's?
    Garand's?
    Glocks?
    XD's?
    Beretta's?
    100rd drums?
    30rd magazines?
    37mm Flare launchers?

For me personally, I've thought about going out and buying a regular AK, a Draco, and a RPK with enough 30rd mags to not have to worry about running out. I don't have any real reason for buying these guns other than I'm a law abiding free man and if I want to have one I should be able to.

I'm just curious about what other people have going on in the back of their mind about buying while they still can.

Exactly what I bought in the last 2 weeks :yesway:...for the same reasons.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    7.62x39 ammo
    223 ammo
    22lr ammo
    Maybe a few more AR lowers and parts to maintain them indefinately. Extra firing pins, bolt carriers, lower parts kits and extra uppers. I have everything to reload several thousand rounds of 308, 22-250, 45 and 357. If 223 starts creaping up in price it will be time to start reloading it also.

Top Bottom