What's on your "Get it while you can" list"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Unfortunately with all the talk about gun control laws I think that the writing is on the wall that something will be coming our way sooner or later. After the last ban expired I promised myself that I'd keep a current list of items to buy just in case they tried to ban guns and accessories again.

What's on your list of items to go out and buy if they start getting serious about more gun control measures?

AR's?
    AK's?
    Garand's?
    Glocks?
    XD's?
    Beretta's?
    100rd drums?
    30rd magazines?
    37mm Flare launchers?

For me personally, I've thought about going out and buying a regular AK, a Draco, and a RPK with enough 30rd mags to not have to worry about running out. I don't have any real reason for buying these guns other than I'm a law abiding free man and if I want to have one I should be able to.

I'm just curious about what other people have going on in the back of their mind about buying while they still can.

i dont agree at all. i think if they try another ban then they will be the ones banned from public office. gun owners are done with these tyrants taking our freedoms. The 2nd amendment is not to ensure we all can go deer hunting :patriot:

im buying as usual. not freaking out like a nancy boy. the ones freaking out are the ones who probly wont stand up for freedom anyways. if you wanna do something now instead of fuel the pannic, then write your representatives in congress today. email, call, write a letter. do something.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I will say that at the 1500 last weekend you would have thought that there was a law sitting in the house or senate right now. It seemed the dealers were running out of things to sell on Saturday night. With that said I will buy any decently priced item that relates to hunting or guns anytime I run across one.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    This post and other rhetoric like it is what gets dealers and suppliers to bulk up stocks and sell 20% more than they do already. Making manufactures run low on stock and then charge more nationwide for their products by limiting the stock they send out without hiring more workers and making more product than usual. Which in turn spreads like a virus and you have the obama gun scare ammo prices again...

Just treat it as business as usual and don't give them reasons to take more of your hard earned money.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    The day you can't buy a gun is the day that you will be stealing groceries, medicine, cars, and batteries anyway because it will be chaos. So why bulk up now?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Oh, CMP Garands, I want a few of them too. I'm pretty certain that I will live long enough to see them run out of/stop selling them. Once the CMP stops selling them, the price will become INSANE

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm trying to stock up on spam cans of 5.45x39.

I don't really foresee any looming legislation on gun laws going into effect anytime soon, BUT the foreign surplus seems to always been in danger of trade/import laws.

PLUS, its not readily available from US manufactures AND its dirt cheap at the moment. I don't see the price on this stuff going anywhere but up!

Current cost: $261 SHIPPED to my door for 2160 rnds.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    i think if they try another ban then they will be the ones banned from public office. gun owners are done with these tyrants taking our freedoms. The 2nd amendment is not to ensure we all can go deer hunting :patriot:

I really wish I had your faith in people and gun owners. I really with I did. Gun owners are not a completely unified group. Not too long ago I heard a gunshop owner named Don talking about how Indiana gun laws are too easy. Look at the Lugars's out there who are anti gun. I completely agree on the intent of the 2nd amendment, but I don't think it's safe yet. Even with the new crop of "conservatives" there's no guarentee of protection.

In any case, not just because of fear of a ban, but also because the prices of guns and ammo are at reasonable levels now too. A year from now I don't want to look back at 9mm brass cased ammo and wish I'd have bought some whne it was under $10 per 50, I've already done that once in life and regretted it. Now I intend to make sure I don't do that twice.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I really wish I had your faith in people and gun owners. I really with I did. Gun owners are not a completely unified group. Not too long ago I heard a gunshop owner named Don talking about how Indiana gun laws are too easy. Look at the Lugars's out there who are anti gun. I completely agree on the intent of the 2nd amendment, but I don't think it's safe yet. Even with the new crop of "conservatives" there's no guarentee of protection.

In any case, not just because of fear of a ban, but also because the prices of guns and ammo are at reasonable levels now too. A year from now I don't want to look back at 9mm brass cased ammo and wish I'd have bought some whne it was under $10 per 50, I've already done that once in life and regretted it. Now I intend to make sure I don't do that twice.

well I know that I will have a guilt free conscious if it comes to hard times and constitutional measures. the reason? Because I like some didnt compromise in the last election. I voted for true constitutional candidates. libertarians! If people really wanted to stay free by voting then they would stop voting republican or democrat. if they dont want change through the ballot box and refuse to be men and stand up for whats right, then like in the past history of this country, other REAL men and patriots will have to stand up and do it for them.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    well I know that I will have a guilt free conscious if it comes to hard times and constitutional measures. the reason? Because I like some didnt compromise in the last election. I voted for true constitutional candidates. libertarians! If people really wanted to stay free by voting then they would stop voting republican or democrat. if they dont want change through the ballot box and refuse to be men and stand up for whats right, then like in the past history of this country, other REAL men and patriots will have to stand up and do it for them.

Damn. There you go using the words "Constitutional" and "Patriot" again. Haven't you learned that it brings you nothing but trouble, you hooligan? You pot-stirring malfeasant, you! ;)

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    more of this

images

Just need more of this!

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    I'm not worried about another AWB or the like anytime soon.
    I'm worried more about the acting or new Director of atf changing the regulations or the cost to process a form 1 or 4.

$200 was a lot of money in 1934. It was a way to keep people from buying/having NFA items .

NFA items are becoming more and more popular because people can afford to transfer them again.

Thoughts?

I wonder how many per 86 machine guns there are in circulation and when the # of SBR will pass it? If it will pass it?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    FYI, take this as being worth what you paid for it:
    David Axelrod: Obama Will Be Jumping Into Gun Control Debate

I keep debating on what to buy, but I know when they start seriously talking about it, I'm going shopping. I've been drouling over the colt 6940 for a while now, but for the same price I could get the draco, rpk, & regular ak so I'm on the fence about what to do. I agree that training comes before everything else, but they're not talking about banning training.

Top Bottom