• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Prior to 1995 (?) open container or actively drinking and driving was not against the law in Indiana. As long as you blew below .1 no crime was committed.

Then came MADD and open container became against the law and the BLood alcohol level became .08.

I understand times and laws change due to lobbyists and intrest groups. I also understand that many people would not stop at one beer on the way home and at one time I believe I drank two when the job was further away from the house. Still well under the legal limit at my size weight and drinking ability at the time. Not saying the law change was for the hood or bad just different. I do not like that a friend can’t consume without being the driver without a limo style permit. Once again the limo lobby must be strong here as now the beer powered massive bikes take up street space all day.

Prior to the law change my friend made beer at home. (He is in with a small local brewery now that makes wee-Mac Osiris and others) and he needed bottles. Everyday after a hard hot days work I would stop at the local store and buy a bottle with the correct top. Pop a top and drive home. Take him the bottles and in a few days I got the bottles back with nice frosty beer inside. No harm no fowl no laws broken and you can say that in my own little way I help create Indianapolis’s highest selling craft beer business.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Prior to 1995 (?) open container or actively drinking and driving was not against the law in Indiana. As long as you blew below .1 no crime was committed.

Then came MADD and open container became against the law and the BLood alcohol level became .08.

I understand times and laws change due to lobbyists and intrest groups. I also understand that many people would not stop at one beer on the way home and at one time I believe I drank two when the job was further away from the house. Still well under the legal limit at my size weight and drinking ability at the time. Not saying the law change was for the hood or bad just different. I do not like that a friend can’t consume without being the driver without a limo style permit. Once again the limo lobby must be strong here as now the beer powered massive bikes take up street space all day.

Prior to the law change my friend made beer at home. (He is in with a small local brewery now that makes wee-Mac Osiris and others) and he needed bottles. Everyday after a hard hot days work I would stop at the local store and buy a bottle with the correct top. Pop a top and drive home. Take him the bottles and in a few days I got the bottles back with nice frosty beer inside. No harm no fowl no laws broken and you can say that in my own little way I help create Indianapolis’s highest selling craft beer business.

I lived outside New Orleans in the early 80s. The drive-thru liquor stores were very popular. Didn't have the money for fancy corked-liquor, so probably no one ever saw me with a cork in my mouth.

Reactions: KG1

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Worked in California when wife was in the Air Force. Was driving my work truck North on I-5 in the middle of nowhere one very hot summer day, about 105 degrees. Saw a pickup across the median with the driver holding a gas can and several kids in the bed. Thinking of the kids I stopped. Driver came over and I filled his gas can for him, mainly to get the kids out of the heat. As I helped him I smelled a strong odor of alcohol and he was obviously impaired. He walked away, I got in my truck and called the police immediately. Waited awhile but had to go. Bothered me all week that I put a drunk with kids back on the road.

Don

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    I realize it’s not a popular position, but I’m not a fan of arresting anyone for what they “might” do. If you cause damage or death driving impaired or distracted, throw the book at them for what they actually did and their disregard for the risk created by driving impaired or distracted.

Absent injury or damage, they are/may be more likely to do harm, but to it’s not a guaranteed. I’m a big fan of extreme freedom and swift and certain punishment for harm that comes to others when exercising those freedom.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom