What would lovemywoods do for faster internet? (pics/vids)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    He would cut down his beloved woods! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk3DwqW6Atc

Recently lovemywoods learned of a new satellite internet service provider that promises MUCH faster speeds and more reliability than their current setup with HughesNet (yuck). The only caveat-- 3 trees were in the way of the satellite positioning. So Dad called me this afternoon and I headed down with my 2 boys to help him take down the trees and start cleaning up the yard.

For those of you who have been down to the property before, the trees are located on the right side of the trail heading down the big hill to the pistol range.

By the time lovemywoods had dropped the last tree Mrs. lovemywoods had already scheduled the installer to come back down tomorrow morning to get everything installed. She's very excited. :D

To document the afternoon she and I snapped some pictures to share with INGOers.

w7kahk.jpg

Tree 1
    ofwrci.jpg

Tree 2
    jr3cib.jpg

Tree 3
    24wvivn.jpg

14kjfde.jpg

2z72b7a.jpg

21lsl5w.jpg

As you can tell, my pictures are taken mostly for documentation. Her photos do a better job at catching the small details of the day.

atvnyx.jpg

25ahpg9.jpg

8x7gjq.jpg

34o3o81.jpg

1h5j03.jpg

Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we'll hear back from lovemywoods and he'll be able to tell us just how exciting being able to watch a YouTube video is. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    34o3o81.jpg

Is that Alec's "don't take my picture again, grandma" face, or just his natural scheming self? ;)

Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we'll hear back from lovemywoods and he'll be able to tell us just how exciting being able to watch a YouTube video is. :laugh:

Nope; once Dave discovers YouTube, we'll never hear from him again! :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wow! That's a lot of work for two guys and two boys! I'm impressed!

Don't forget Mrs. lovemywoods! She made trips with me to toss the limbs down into a deep ravine.

Is that Alec's "don't take my picture again, grandma" face, or just his natural scheming self? ;)

We'll go with "Deep Reflections on Oak". :laugh:

He's always a huge ham around Mom and her camera.

This is what he does when he wants her to stop. :D

33zbaki.jpg

(he calls this his "KISS face")

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sooooo, satellite Internet doesn't suck as badly anymore?

Slight edit. :D

Their current provider (HughesNet) is horrendous. I don't think they could get any worse, so anything is going to be an improvement at this point.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    :xmad:
    What might the name of this new provider be?

Exede Internet

Exede Internet | Exede Satellite Internet | 1-888-764-5289

ViaSat is the parent company of Wild Blue and now Excede.

I know that Wild Blue has a history of poor customer service. However, after being a HughesNet customer for 7 years, I've come to the realization that with the customer service we've experienced from them, anyone else has to be better!

As for performance, in an INGO thread testing our internet connection speeds, I got an F-! :xmad:

Hopefully by mid-day Wednesday, we'll be on the new system!

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    I used HughesNet for awhile and I feel your pain. Right now I am using a verizon WiFi and it is about a c. Unfortunately in the nice places to live we are limited in our internet options. Thanks for the info. And looking forward to a report on your new system.
    :xmad:

Exede Internet

Exede Internet | Exede Satellite Internet | 1-888-764-5289

ViaSat is the parent company of Wild Blue and now Excede.

I know that Wild Blue has a history of poor customer service. However, after being a HughesNet customer for 7 years, I've come to the realization that with the customer service we've experienced from them, anyone else has to be better!

As for performance, in an INGO thread testing our internet connection speeds, I got an F-! :xmad:

Hopefully by mid-day Wednesday, we'll be on the new system!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Chainsaw?!

I expected a series of drilled holes in the trunks with tannerite charges inserted...

I guess a chainsaw is more exact, but...

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    I have the new Excede/WildBlue service and it rocks. I have had the old WildBlue since it came out and it was acceptable for what it was. Now with Excede I have seen download speeds of over 10 meg. Just beware of the FAP...you can now reach it quickly do to the increased speeds.

Top Bottom