What would lovemywoods do for faster internet? (pics/vids)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    We are back on-line!

I went without INGO for 24 hours! It was a frightening experience! :ingo:

Here is a test of the new connection's speed:

1890241848.png

It will vary some. I've seen download speeds of 10-17 Mbps. We went from an "F-" to a "B" rating. I'm happy. More importantly, Mrs. LMW is happy!

We will certainly enjoy the new system and its refreshing quickness. I can even look at YouTube videos more if I want.

Posting pictures in range reviews should be much quicker and more reliable. Now I need to learn to upload videos. I never tried to learn that because our old system wouldn't do it.

Now, back outside to cut up more brush......

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    any wireless internet providers in the area? used to install them on trees or antenna towers. what ever gets good line of sight

There is a small company, BGNetworks, that is installing wireless points on water towers in the area.

We have a tower 1.3 miles away. We worked with the owner for 20 months waiting on him to get the system operational. Finally, after three attempts, he could not get a clear signal. That's when we decided to go with Exede.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    awesome!

My folks have been waiting for me to hear back on this thread, they and my aunt are both ordering this week :rockwoot:

welcome to world of high-ish speed :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do you have a traffic cap? Those are pretty good speeds (horrible latency, but I assume you won't be playing World of Warcraft) and you could blow through a monthly allotment pretty quick.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Our current plan has a monthly cap of 7.5 GB (250 MG/day) averaged over the whole month. If this isn't enough, we can up the plan to 15 GB.

Our HughesNet plan was capped at 200 MB per day. Very easy to exceed if you look at many videos.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I'm in Tupelow picking up my brother from the hospital(plane crash, long amazing miracle story) but if you have any brush left for the weekend I'll bring my chipper by to clean it up. The chipper isn't 20 minutes from you.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I'm in Tupelow picking up my brother from the hospital(plane crash, long amazing miracle story) but if you have any brush left for the weekend I'll bring my chipper by to clean it up. The chipper isn't 20 minutes from you.

Sorry to hear about your brother. He's fortunate to have family like you to help out.

That's a very generous offer about the chipper! I'd love to play with a chipper. I think they are neat!

However, I've had some family help this week and have the majority of the smaller brush already hauled to a ravine on our property.

I'd like to hold on to your offer for a possible future project if you are agreeable to that. :)

=====> You meet very nice people on INGO! :ingo:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sorry to hear about your brother. He's fortunate to have family like you to help out.

That's a very generous offer about the chipper! I'd love to play with a chipper. I think they are neat!

However, I've had some family help this week and have the majority of the smaller brush already hauled to a ravine on our property.

I'd like to hold on to your offer for a possible future project if you are agreeable to that. :)

=====> You meet very nice people on INGO! :ingo:

Sounds like we have a contender for the next INGO bumper sticker :D

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

Not to thread hijack... but I heard about this at work today. Prayers for your family. Glad to hear that everyone is (mostly) okay!

five5toad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Greater Indy Metro
    I love when we get mail from AT&T asking us to sign up for dsl when they know damn well they don't offer it on our street. The humongous subdivision behind us is lousey with dsl and broadband but some old arsed company still owns are lines and none of the big companies will pony up to buy them out. We tried BPL for a while...JOKE. Then we went to a Virgin Mobile USB broadband connection. It's basically Sprint's deal and it's ....eh. Hate the speed throttling after 2.5 GB. Like the no contract, however.

Top Bottom