• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    except they passed a bill awhile ago that said the president can basically take over the internet,radio,and tv in a emergency situation. so if it happens all those sources will likely not be around to warn you. its crazy the stuff that the dem's have slipped through the cracks in other bills, in the secret of darkness. its getting crazier day by day. just make sure you folks have everything loaded up and ready to roll

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    not just the dems, in all fareness, look at who pushed the unconstitutional patriot act through!!! read it, you will wanna curl up into the fetal possition for all the stuff they can do to you, and all the rights you and I lost because it "slipped" through

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    not just the dems, in all fareness, look at who pushed the unconstitutional patriot act through!!! read it, you will wanna curl up into the fetal possition for all the stuff they can do to you, and all the rights you and I lost because it "slipped" through

If I didn't just rep ya for something else, I'd rep ya here!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    thanks RachelMarie!! Rep is always appreciated, good or bad, it keeps me on track. :)

i would recomend that everyone gets some CB and portable radios. even if you get some VHF and UHF regulated radios, get them!!! you can save them for if/when SHTF.

yes they have ways to: jam, listen in, track, these types of communications, but something is better than nothing. plus alittle training and theres ways around everything, mwuahahahahahahahahaha

the member who said they will block: TV, radio, internet, cells, phones, etc WAS VERY RIGHT!!! they might just say the systems are being "overloaded" or satelites are down!! BS, they know what and how to do it, im glad i got my bloods worth when i was on their payroll!!!! i will always have it to use and teach others with!

do you guys seriously think the only reason everything is going digital is to make it easier on us??? NOPE, its easier for THEM to turn off!!!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I do not know how to say this.I am having a difficult time with it myself.I would not sit idle as they went from the houses of my friends and neighbors.The difficult part comes in trying to explain this to my daughter.I have given it some though,and already approached the topic in some manner with her.We talked about how hard it must have been to be a soldier during the war of independence.Fathers and sons had to leave there families,there jobs,there homes.I had to ask her if she understood why they had to.She said yes,so there children could live free.Then we talked a little about responsibility,and duty.I asked her if she felt it was every Americans duty to defend the constitution.She agreed it was.At that point she asked me isn't that what our soldiers do? I said yes of course it is,and found the oath of a soldier "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
    I ended the conversation by letting her know I had taken that oath while I served and would always honor it.

I stopped the conversation there,because I did not have a clue how to proceed any further.How do you explain to a 13 year old you fear the constitution you swore an oath to protect is being used for TP?I also felt a great deal more respect for those brave men who had to have the same conversation with there wives and children as they went off to fight for our right to be a nation.Still gives me chills thinking about it.And that one day I may have to keep that oath so my daughter can grow up in a free country.

When the red part above gets changed (through political tactics like what allowed the health care bill to get passed?)...then I think you would have to be brain dead to still be someone who thinks the "bunker up" mentality is crazy.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    rachel and e5 i agree i just use that term because to describe the left wing people but i know what both of you are saying. each group has there own set of people out for their own agenda vs the constitution, and against what the people who put them in office want. back on topic, something needs to be done. hopefully we can make it to november with out to much more damage and constitutional rights being pushed to the way side

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    if, and or when the government decides to disarm you, they will not go at it like a bunch of terrorists. they will come up with a real nice reason for what they are doing so that if you resist, you look like a terrorist. that is how they get the military to do things that might not be on the up and up. the soldier does what he is ordered to do. if they send a "peace keeping" posse to your block lock-down and you send them packing, they will give orders to the armed forces to end your domestic terrorist group. and at that time the military will follow orders and you will be in trouble. take a peek at the waco incident because that exact thing happened there.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    if our economy fails or disaster strikes or government goes too far in upsetting the masses, they will knock on your door to collect your guns before you can even use them. this has happened over and over throughout history and they usually go unchallenged. not even challenged by the people who know bad things are going to happen. think about all of the most well known civilizations and governing bodies and you will see the trend. Nazi Germany comes to mind first but there are many. The Nazi party took over Germany by winning the hearts of the masses and then imposing there will. they went through the streets disarming citizens and making them helpless and still none questioned there goals. this is why our founding fathers wrote the constitution. it is not an instruction manual for government officials to follow. it is however a warning system for the citizens of this country to know when its government is no longer upholding the values that our ancestors fought for. the warning signs are there and some government officials would love to see all of us disarmed and eventually they will. fewer and fewer people are capable of critical thinking and now we are the few among millions of media watching sheep that all believe the hype surrounding the dangers of me having a gun. so my question to you is this what will you do when there are 15 armed soldiers standing at your door while you family is inside eating dinner, demanding your guns?

Well, for starters, if they are just knocking on my door and demanding my guns then I would start by saying no and refusing to answer. Some of you may be laughing at that but the way the OP described the situation that was my first thought. Let them be the ones to break my door down and see what happens.

More seriously though I would be a fool to be in this situation. I need to get involved when they are breaking down my neighbors' door or the guy down the street's door. I shouldn't wait passively until they come to my house.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Sorry guys! I don't believe that they will come and knock at our doors. If they take the guns it will be while people are at work or away. You will come home and the door will be open and the gun safe missing. You will have the gun and ammo you have on you when you left the house. They won't want the publicity of having to shoot you in the door. They will want the press conference to show what lunatic needs this many guns and this much ammo.

Just my :twocents:

If it gets to that I don't think you'll be going to work anymore. You'll be fighting for your families survival

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    First: :mods:

Second: Do you know your neighbors? Ever take them shooting? Get them to a range for a day of fun either at an Appleseed event, or ACT, or IPSC or whatever you can. Infect them with self-reliance and EBR disease. The people who were disarmed in NOLA were alone and well armed. The neighborhoods that were well armed and organized stayed so throughout the SHTF and continued armed sentries for a year. Just like elections, one lone voice vs. many...

Third: Guns may be on their list, but they cannot move openly in this political time. This is not 1994. They may move later, but only after a tremendous amount of "guns are evil" groundwork is laid. That is where the battle is and that is where we need to deny them any accidental fuel for their needed fire. You can be absolutely sure the Brady Campaign reads INGO and a post here has already been used in national press once to paint gun owners in a bad light. Just sayin.

Fourth: What are you gonna do today, and I mean today? I am taking my kids out to put up flyers around town. We are doing this to push Appleseed in part (remember the taking the neighbor shooting thing), but also as a way to teach my kids how democracy works which is through involvement and persuasion. Action, legal action, is needed, and now.

The future is in our hands, not waiting for a knock on the door.

:patriot: :ingo: :twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    IF THIS isn't our line in the sand I doubt many will never have one! At some point the tree of Liberty must be watered....

It should be watered with the sweat from our brows before anything else.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    +1 and repped!

First: :mods:

Second: Do you know your neighbors? Ever take them shooting? Get them to a range for a day of fun either at an Appleseed event, or ACT, or IPSC or whatever you can. Infect them with self-reliance and EBR disease. The people who were disarmed in NOLA were alone and well armed. The neighborhoods that were well armed and organized stayed so throughout the SHTF and continued armed sentries for a year. Just like elections, one lone voice vs. many...

Yes. Since I found out about this site I have been preparing for my first Appleseed. I've put together a Liberty Trainer and bought Fred's Guide and started working my way through the exercises. I plan on putting together a range bag dedicated for just Appleseed and then loaning it out along with the gun to my friends and family. A buddy of mine that doesn't shoot is interested in getting a gun for home defense so I am taking him out to shoot 870's. We need to spread this stuff around. Shooting is fun and that is the best way to get others involved.

Third: Guns may be on their list, but they cannot move openly in this political time. This is not 1994. They may move later, but only after a tremendous amount of "guns are evil" groundwork is laid. That is where the battle is and that is where we need to deny them any accidental fuel for their needed fire. You can be absolutely sure the Brady Campaign reads INGO and a post here has already been used in national press once to paint gun owners in a bad light. Just sayin.

Yep. Keep in mind that to many we are the public face of gun owners. We have to fight the "guns are evil" mentality every day.

Fourth: What are you gonna do today, and I mean today? I am taking my kids out to put up flyers around town. We are doing this to push Appleseed in part (remember the taking the neighbor shooting thing), but also as a way to teach my kids how democracy works which is through involvement and persuasion. Action, legal action, is needed, and now.

Today I have to be selfish; my oldest son is going on a youth turkey hunt so we are patterning his shot gun today.

I think that the important thing is not to be shy about gun ownership. Strike up a conversation about shooting or hunting and you'll be surprised who you meet. Emphasizing positive aspects of the sport like being outdoors, spending time with the kids and carrying on heritage are all positive values that are hard to dispute. When you run into an anti, view them not as an enemy but rather as someone that needs recruited oover to our side, ask them to go shooting and offer to supply the ammo.

The future is in our hands, not waiting for a knock on the door.

:patriot: :ingo: :twocents:

tk21k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    MSG2-Mt Comfort
    thanks RachelMarie!! Rep is always appreciated, good or bad, it keeps me on track. :)

i would recomend that everyone gets some CB and portable radios. even if you get some VHF and UHF regulated radios, get them!!! you can save them for if/when SHTF.

yes they have ways to: jam, listen in, track, these types of communications, but something is better than nothing. plus alittle training and theres ways around everything, mwuahahahahahahahahaha

the member who said they will block: TV, radio, internet, cells, phones, etc WAS VERY RIGHT!!! they might just say the systems are being "overloaded" or satelites are down!! BS, they know what and how to do it, im glad i got my bloods worth when i was on their payroll!!!! i will always have it to use and teach others with!

do you guys seriously think the only reason everything is going digital is to make it easier on us??? NOPE, its easier for THEM to turn off!!!
    I have been looking into a portable radio receiver that can pick up most frequencies. They are about $300.00. They can pick up shortwave and stations from across the seas. If they block out local stations then I will have the ability to get information from other nations as well as the ham radio operators. Because it is receiving only it should be impossible to track.

tk21k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    MSG2-Mt Comfort
    "if they ever do this, they will try to use our own laws and constitution against us to make us look like the criminals."-- e5ranger375

They have already started. Look at the media reports about the Tea Parties. They are evil, racist, gun toting ect. They will make you look like the bad guy, the evil citizen that wants to harm the county first. This way others are less likely to stand up for you.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    "if they ever do this, they will try to use our own laws and constitution against us to make us look like the criminals."-- e5ranger375

They have already started. Look at the media reports about the Tea Parties. They are evil, racist, gun toting ect. They will make you look like the bad guy, the evil citizen that wants to harm the county first. This way others are less likely to stand up for you.

They succeeded right before the AWB. We cannot let that success happen again. How we conduct ourselves is important, but what is more vital is getting people shooting for the first time. Teach them so that when the next dinner that you are not at happens and someone cracks a guns are evil joke, someone else will be there to say, "Not really, I shot one and had a ball. I even picked one up myself."

When we had the Jack Spirko from Survival Podcast on our radioshow he said it better than I could: "Forget all the facts and figures you have to argue with, get people out to the range. Put respnsibility and self reliance in their hands, get them comfortable with power, and your arguements will be won." (quote is from memory).

You want to save this country with your ammo fort? Great, get it all shot with no pulling of the trigger from you or your family members. Expend all that ammo through action and fun. That is how we will strip the Brady's of their hyperbolie and rhetoric. No words are as loud as the crack of 7.62x39 followed by laughter.

Take it from my mother in law, who started with a "Ak's are evil" position and stayed home from the range. A few times later she went with us and said, "I never thought this would be so much fun!"

ak_pepi.jpg

Now, I would prefer to get her to an event with history & shooting, but the shooting alone is the beginning. It lays the groundwork to subvert assumptions about the nanny state.

Your ammo will carry far more weight in 5 neighbor's hands than in yours, and a lifetime more value than sitting in the bottom of your gun closet. And seriously, if I can get an AK into my Mother In Law's New York Liberal hands and get a smile on her face, I know there is a future for us all if we go out and make it.

Through bangs followed by laughter, not bangs followed by screaming.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom